EVO tried and failed badly

Status
Not open for further replies.

cscollis

Established Member
Sorry for posting this on the SVT board but I think you guys may get kick out of this.

Driving to Speedworks in Lewisville on 121 this morning, I see a Silver EVO next to me. Well I hear him punching the throttle and I am thinking you have got to be kidding.

We slow down to 40 and he hits it. I gave him a 1 car headstart and by 80 I had 2 cars on him. Well it seemed he did not learn from this and we did it again this time we both hit it at the same time from 60. By 90 I had 3+ cars and shut down.

We pull up to a stop light. He leans out his window and says "Is that a Z06". I had my top down. I started laughing and said no but it does have mods. He then told me how he beats stock vetts. Nice guy just alitlle confused. He may hang with a stock vett for alittle while but not long. If we would have gone from a dig it would have been uglier, A high stall and 3.42's I get to 60 in just under 4 secs.

Damn that thing was ugly.

First real rice that tried against me.

GoatDaddy

what kind of stock vettes? does the vette have its little "disgraces" like the Mustang's Mustang II?

Poiznus

Super Cool SVT Poster
Established Member
Originally posted by cscollis
He leans out his window and says "Is that a Z06". I had my top down.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :burnout:

Good Kill. :beer: :beer:

Something tells me we are going to have ricers from all over posting soon.

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
I was going west on 190 just before the Dallas North Tollway a few weeks ago, and I had a new yellow EVO try to show off by punching it while he was next to me - he pulled up and matched my speed, downshifted and hit it, I wasn't impressed... :rollseyes I dropped it in third and showed him what my car could do and as I roared past him, he slowed and got in the slow lane the rest of the 2 miles until I exited. I was hoping to actually run him, but he wouldn't do it.

DSG03Snake

Established Member
The only annoying thing about evos is gonna be assholes who will only do stoplight->stoplight (0-40)crap because thats where they have huge advantage with AWD.

CobraBri

Established Member
Sorry for posting this on the SVT board but I think you guys may get kick out of this.

Driving to Speedworks in Lewisville on 121 this morning, I see a Silver EVO next to me. Well I hear him punching the throttle and I am thinking you have got to be kidding.

We slow down to 40 and he hits it. I gave him a 1 car headstart and by 80 I had 2 cars on him. Well it seemed he did not learn from this and we did it again this time we both hit it at the same time from 60. By 90 I had 3+ cars and shut down.

We pull up to a stop light. He leans out his window and says "Is that a Z06". I had my top down. I started laughing and said no but it does have mods. He then told me how he beats stock vetts. Nice guy just alitlle confused. He may hang with a stock vett for alittle while but not long. If we would have gone from a dig it would have been uglier, A high stall and 3.42's I get to 60 in just under 4 secs.

Damn that thing was ugly.

I love how you posted this BS - "the 03 Cobra is ok for a pos mustang...I wouldn't own one," among other insightful comments on this site and then want props for burning an EVO...so here ya go- "gee, nice kill you da man" :rolleyes:

Tired

Needs 4 more cylinders.
Established Member
So all EVOs are rice, just because they cant beat you/some have morons for driver? :rollseyes

1CEBITN

Blue by you!
Established Member
With that wing on the back that you could eat dinner off of, yes, I would call them all rice. That wing does not even do anything functional for the car. It is like when you see a front wheel drive honda with a HUGE wing on the back. Even if the car could go fast enough where the wing would create downforce, it would be over the wrong wheels...

95Mike

Kick-Ass Grocery-Getter!
Established Member
Unless they have a functional splitter on the front. You wouldn't want downforce just on the front.

EPCobra

1 Crazy Cobra
Established Member
The only 'vette it could hang with is a chevette. A guy at work is supposed to be getting one so I can't wait to hand him is ass.

Last edited:

BLACKBIRD99

Established Member
Nice kill! Chalk another up for us old-style V8 drivers.

These Evo's and WRX's crack me up. For all this hype on them, they aren't much IMO. I raped a newer WRX on the freeway a couple of weeks ago. I guess in the end, I was the loser because my clutch finally took a dump on me.

BTW, this is a pretty cool site.

Tired

Needs 4 more cylinders.
Established Member
Originally posted by 1CEBITN
With that wing on the back that you could eat dinner off of, yes, I would call them all rice. That wing does not even do anything functional for the car. It is like when you see a front wheel drive honda with a HUGE wing on the back. Even if the car could go fast enough where the wing would create downforce, it would be over the wrong wheels...
Your realize the wing is a option right? Hell, the Steeda GT Mustangs have a silly ass oversized wing that looks like the buffet at Ryans and massive front splitter that could double as a snow plow on top of that. But no one mentions rice because its made by Ford.

While I dont really care for the red calipers, or those fing tail lights (which dont even look good on an actual Altezza), the car is far from rice. Well, unless you just absolutely hate imports for no reason.

RedfireCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by snail50
what kind of stock vettes? does the vette have its little "disgraces" like the Mustang's Mustang II?

Yep almost all of the 1970's,1980's models are pretty weak by todays standards. I loved the late 70's early 80's body style however (pre 1984)

edit:
well I guess they weren't "disgraces" because they were better than their peers, but could get easily whooped by an EVO if left unmodified

Last edited:

98cobrancali

the mustang man
Established Member
Originally posted by Tired
Your realize the wing is a option right? Hell, the Steeda GT Mustangs have a silly ass oversized wing that looks like the buffet at Ryans and massive front splitter that could double as a snow plow on top of that. But no one mentions rice because its made by Ford.

While I dont really care for the red calipers, or those fing tail lights (which dont even look good on an actual Altezza), the car is far from rice. Well, unless you just absolutely hate imports for no reason.

what steeda puts on their cars actually serves some function, rear wheel drive car need wing for down force when going fast to stabilize the rearend, which Mustang can, front splitter helps to smooth airflow around the front tires for better aerodynamics, you can go defend the evo on an evo board, this is a ford board, mitsubishi is a japanese company, japanese eat rice therefore mitsubishi is rice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread