Evo vs Ferrari and Evo vs Srt-4 vs civic

EvoOwner

Now with even MORE ownage
Established Member
Thought I'd post some evo street race vids in light of all the recent related threads. The first one is a lightly modded evo, intake and exhaust (from what I'm told), vs a ferrari, some say it's a 360 but I can't really tell.

The second race is a bone stock evo vs a stock srt-4 and a juiced civic.

http://www.hondahookup.com/stealth/video/evovsferr.wmv

This one is for pacotaco, for whom I've had many talks about evo and srt-4's in the past:
http://www.hondahookup.com/stealth/video/srtvsevovsh22hatch.wmv

there are also a lot more videos (various cars) if you want to take a look, check them out. Most are crappy quality but worth a one time look.

http://www.hondahookup.com/stealth/video/

enjoy

:thumbsup:

EDIT: BTW, here is what an HKS exhaust sounds like on an evo, it doesn't sound like a v8 but I think it doesn't sound like a civic either:

http://www.hksusa.com/info/media.asp?id=1764

Last edited:

notdisturbed

I got nothin...
Established Member
Wow, if a "mildly modded" evo can do that to a ferrari, i guess i should be challenging more ferraris. :rolleyes:
Anyone can say whatever they want in defense of the evo, but in both races ive had with them theyve never been a problem for me, and im not even chipped and pullied yet.
Sure, id buy an evo, as a winter beater.

85svo

Real Speed
Established Member
I might have missed some thing but did that evo do anything to the Ferrari? Looked like he stayed with him for a sec and then the guy gains while switching lanes. They came into traffic and the Ferrari lifted and then the evo goes shooting past him.
:shrug:

The stop light race was interesting the evo stomped them both fair and square.
Now that he dusted a srt-4 he is most definately ready to go kill a few cobra's:loser:

EvoOwner

Established Member
Originally posted by notdisturbed
Wow, if a "mildly modded" evo can do that to a ferrari, i guess i should be challenging more ferraris. :rolleyes:

umm, yeah maybe you SHOULD race more ferrari's. Check out a recent thread in the kill section entitled "ferrari goes down hard", it's from an '03 owner with similar mods as yourself (he has chip and pulley though). Still sound so hard to believe that a mildly modded evo could hang with a ferrari?

And evo's may not be as fast or as cheap to mod as '03s. But they do respond well to mods, and people do mod them. So you've beaten 2 evo's, it's a little presumptuous to assume that you will never have a problem with any evo IMO. In fact ever hear of pruven performance? It's a speed shop in your neck of the woods. They have a customer with an evo that does low 11's and is a daily driver. I think he might give you a good race.

As for people asking me about the other video's on that page, I know nothing about them. I only know some info about the ferrari race because I've seen it posted at different sites. A search for that filename might bring something up though. :shrug:

Last edited:

EvoOwner

Established Member
Originally posted by 85svo
Now that he dusted a srt-4 he is most definately ready to go kill a few cobra's:loser:

85svo,

Your disdain for the evo/sti is apparant here but mainly in a couple of other threads. Would it surprise you to hear that many '03 cobra owners here like or at the very least acknowledge the capabilities of the evo/sti's? I've had numerous discussions in public threads and pm's about this.

Why are you so bitter about these cars anyway? You have called them "retarded" cars and "pos's" in other threads. In fact every chance you get you throw in a snide comment. You have also said only an idiot would mod them.

Whats your problem newbie? They're just alternative cars. Were you recently spanked by one perhaps? Or maybe your girlfriend was "spanked" by the owner of an evo. Scratch that, do you even have a girlfriend or at least someone you "see/pay"? Maybe you just need some more female action? Maybe that will subdue some of your blatant resentment towards these cars. Let's hear the reason, I'm curious...

Last edited:

tvguy

O

This one is for pacotaco, for whom I've had many talks about evo and srt-4's in the past:
http://www.hondahookup.com/stealth/video/srtvsevovsh22hatch.wmv
enjoy
:thumbsup: [/B]

Thanks for thinking of me. Hehe. That was one arse whoopin for sure. We definitely know the strengths of your cars!! I went to the San Diego Auto Show last weekend and was able to see the STI and the EVO up close. I didn't have time to see the SRT-4. Not even sure if they had one, but I'm assuming they did. Between the two, I liked the EVO better. Most important, liked where they put their intercooler, unlike the STI. Why in this day and age, auto manufacturers put the intercooler ON TOP of the engine like the STI is beyond me!!! I thought that was dead after the SVO. It makes no engineering sense!!! But anyway, nice video and nice car. Still not giving up on the SRT-4's though!!! Next I want to see a race from a roll!! j/k
pacotaco

notdisturbed

I got nothin...
Established Member
Originally posted by EvoOwner
umm, yeah maybe you SHOULD race more ferrari's. Check out a recent thread in the kill section entitled "ferrari goes down hard", it's from an '03 owner with similar mods as yourself (he has chip and pulley though). Still sound so hard to believe that a mildly modded evo could hang with a ferrari? :D

And evo's may not be as fast or as cheap to mod as '03s. But they do respond well to mods, and people do mod them. So you've beaten 2 evo's, it's a little presumptuous to assume that you will never have a problem with any evo IMO. In fact ever hear of pruven performance? It's a speed shop in your neck of the woods. They have a customer with an evo that does low 11's and is a daily driver. I think he might give you a good race.

Well, as for your advice on the ferraris, ill take my chances if i ever get lucky enough to meet one. The only ferrari's ive seen in my area though are parked in garages and owned by fat, rich, white guys with too much money and too little hair.

I understand people mod evo's. I understand people mod almost any car out there. However, to the extent that the "normal" evo owner mods their car, im not scared. As for the two ive raced, one was stock, the other was pretty well set up(read as: full exhaust, intake, mbc, chip, and bov). Neither car gave me enough of a run that i was scared. Ive heard of pruven, and i know they do great work. I also know, however, that running into that car is a one in a million chance, just like running into a ferrari. If it happens, ill take my chances, and desire the outcome wether it be a win or a loss for me.

85svo

Real Speed
Established Member
Ah my disdain for evo's you ask. Well lets see I used to sell pos things and they are hype plain and simple. We drove them. They were weak to say the least. I worked with a bunch of gear heads that had real cars. We attemped to sell them for over sticker. No one would pay over sticker once they drove the car and it was suprising hard to sell the car. Most of the people that wanted them already knew what they were and still weren't impressed.

As for these cars in general I think you mean the sti? My father is the manager at the subie dealer and i've driven these for a decent amount of time and have alot more respect for the sti.

Me being spanked by one? Hasn't happened yet but you never know. I think i'm mostly safe being that it doesn't snow here:D

When I get my clutch in i'll get some video of me spanking an evo in my sohc pinto motored heavy mustang. Then you can't say shit about supercharged v-8 :cryying: or more displacement:cryying: or it is or isn't stock then maybe you will get it. Those cars might be good at rally but in drag racing they are hype.

My girlfriend is safe being she isn't into anal so that keeps the evo and sti owners away.

Lastly I have said most in a playful manner and not an in your face type of way. The evo owners that talk the trash get me. You until now have been the exception.

We all knew you were bi-curious it goes without saying being you drive an evo

NITMARE

Established Member
Originally posted by VenomousSVT
that means nothing to me Evoowner......wanna see what a mustang can do go watch john force run 305+mph in the 1/4
Hey I am a mustang guy and all but that is pretty weak. I mean we all know that John Forces car is no mustang. A better argument would be like Dan Millens car, theres a mustang. And as for Evo's you know I could really care less either way about them but the reason we are soo critical is because for one Evo owners always say that there cars respond really well to mods. Well so does a an 03 Cobra. Only the Cobra goes much faster with less done for less money.And I am sure that there are some high HP Evo's (400-500) But guess what for the same amount of money if not less the Cobra makes more like 600-700.I am not saying that Evo's are POS's or Retarded I am just saying that Evo owners always seem to compare them to the 03's when really they are not so similar.Also I have a friend that has a couple fast (read 10's)GSX Eclipses and so I have heard of Pruven Performance. They do build some fast cars........for 20k:bored:

The Orphaner

Snake Charmer
Established Member
:shrug: I'm not sure about the ferrari vid. Did he know he was racing? LOL.:sleeping:

BAD03SVT

Established Member
i am going to post as i watch the first one looked like the rice taking it through the RPMs. that is not a vid of racing a ferrari, especially an Enzo. its funny how you tried to compare the two.

Users who are viewing this thread