Evolution Performance, Inc. - First 2011 Mustang GT 5.0L 4V In The 10's N/A!

andymarkv

Established Member
Very cool!! Can't wait to read all about it!!

Dang it Fred, where's the N/A vid?!?
You guys must be bustin ass just like the begining GT500 days!

Last edited:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
It's called an exclusive agreement with a magazine, it happens all the time. We should all consider ourselves fortunate that Evolution is even willing to put out videos and some news on their runs so far.

True, but the videos and mod data will help their business, and help sell parts. I guess the question is, what will help more? Telling the members of this board the secret to their success, or waiting to tell a larger population of mustang enthusiasts in a feature article in 5.0 magazine. I guess it is a tossup and gamble that another shop doesn't come in with an equal time and offer a mods list in advance of the article coming out and steal away potential customers. In the long run though, I think that the 5.0 article, and advertising that comes along with it will pay off. Still a gamble though.

-Jeff

Evolution

Established Member
True, but the videos and mod data will help their business, and help sell parts. I guess the question is, what will help more? Telling the members of this board the secret to their success, or waiting to tell a larger population of mustang enthusiasts in a feature article in 5.0 magazine. I guess it is a tossup and gamble that another shop doesn't come in with an equal time and offer a mods list in advance of the article coming out and steal away potential customers. In the long run though, I think that the 5.0 article, and advertising that comes along with it will pay off. Still a gamble though.

-Jeff

It's NOT the consumer we don't want to share the info with....

Do you think a Bakery that is known for the best coconut cream pies around would post their recipe publicly so other bakery's can copy it.....

I know how to market this car, we've been planing this for almost a year!

csledd

DSG!!
Established Member

Do you think a Bakery that is known for the best coconut cream pies around would post their recipe publicly so other bakery's can copy it.....

You're definitely right about that.. everyone is gunning for making the best mods of these cars right now

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator

I can appreaciate your success and the fact that releasing info may give competitors your secrets, but you clearly just stated that you are using all of the forums to "Market" your business. This approach is good, but do you really expect true enthusiasts to sit around and wait 4-6wks to find out info? I mean at that pace, your car will already be in the 9's and then they are going to have to wait again? C'mon man, you guys have had great success with your GT 500 abilities and did not take this route.

If a guy called you today and said: I just purchased a 11' GT and I want it to run 10's N/a like your car, are you going to tell him that he is going to have to wait 4-6wks?

Anyway, just having a hard time following the path as others appear to be as well. Said it before, I give you credit for your accomplishments and showing us the capabilities of the car.

bad2000z

Established Member
I can't imagine there's anything all that exotic done to this car. Not sure why you would have to be tight lipped about bolt ons and a tune.. I could understand not wanting to share proprietary cam specs, etc. but I'm guessing this car still has stock internals.

This is a bad ass accomplishment though so soon after the cars release :rockon:

2013Boss302

Established Member
damn quit the bickering. its the mans car and its his company. hes not here to get one upped by his competition. so far evolution performance has been nothing but cool with tell ing us about the car. there so bad ass i live in redondo beach california and want them to work on mine. just let the man run his buisness his own way. in due time you will see what he has dont to the car.

kingnut

Established Member
red is just butthurt cause he doesnt have a 2011 GT. who gives a **** what they do man? seriously... they are a ****ing business. stop crying and gtfo. or go spend $6.99 for next months 5.0 mag, then stop crying, and then gtfo.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
red is just butthurt cause he doesnt have a 2011 GT. who gives a **** what they do man? seriously... they are a ****ing business. stop crying and gtfo. or go spend $6.99 for next months 5.0 mag, then stop crying, and then gtfo.

Hey captain keyboard, maybe you should gtfo as I have been here since 04'. I am not butthurt, I just don't like all of the hype and hush hush. I completely understand business and the fact that they have given 5.0 the exclusivity, but just think it is a little rediculous. If you think about it, the car has gone from stock to apparently a gutted race car in 2wks. Is the next issue of 5.0 going to really breakdown every step of the process.... and at the pace they are moving the car will be in the 9's shortly. So all of their success is going to be in one article from 12's to 9's? Of course not.

All I can say is that this is the direction that Steig. took with his Snakebite, and look where that landed them...? All of their posts lacking details actually drove more business away than created.

End result is that again, great accomplishments have been made by the Evolution team showing us that Ford has procuced a 4V N/A 5.0L that everyone has been asking for.

Kn38ms

Glockaholic...
Established Member
I see nothing wrong with the way Evolution is conducting this scenario,
They are being wise :beer:

TitaniumGt

Established Member
I'm sure if you really owned a 5.0 and you wanted to go fast you could call evolution and they would help you go fast. Good Job guys!

troublemaker427

Hey captain keyboard, maybe you should gtfo as I have been here since 04'. I am not butthurt, I just don't like all of the hype and hush hush. I completely understand business and the fact that they have given 5.0 the exclusivity, but just think it is a little rediculous. If you think about it, the car has gone from stock to apparently a gutted race car in 2wks. Is the next issue of 5.0 going to really breakdown every step of the process.... and at the pace they are moving the car will be in the 9's shortly. So all of their success is going to be in one article from 12's to 9's? Of course not.

All I can say is that this is the direction that Steig. took with his Snakebite, and look where that landed them...? All of their posts lacking details actually drove more business away than created.

End result is that again, great accomplishments have been made by the Evolution team showing us that Ford has procuced a 4V N/A 5.0L that everyone has been asking for.

I saw the car in person yesterday at the NMCA race. It is far from a "gutted race car"!!!
I see no problem with the way Evolution is doing things. I'm sure if you drop of an '11 GT to them with a blank check they would show you everything they've done....

Users who are viewing this thread