evolution performance stage 1 comments

shelbypowered

Established Member
:banana: would like feedback on results of the stage one on stock gt 500s- any negative or positive thoughts would be grand- did kn on my 03 cobra with good results and no tune needed- like evolutions hard work on our cars and can see the need for a tune on this monster motor- does the tune or system have any negative drawbacks- more power is not a drawback- thanks

R1Lello

Established Member
I went from hot stock run, 411 rwhp on a 85 deg F day, installed the Stage 1 and back on the dyno hot a half hour later..........510 rwhp!!! a 99 hp increase. I'm impressed to say the least. Drives and idles like a stock but much more responsive. Stage 2 is sitting at home which may give me another 30-40 rwhp but haven't decided when I'll do it.

chuckstang

Established Member
It is very much worth it
Awsome!

My car dynoed 450rwhp stock so the jump in power was not as much as R1lello but I gota tell you it is like driving a totally different car, actually it feels like a 500hp car should, on steriods!

Stripe Delete

Crazy SVT Poser
Established Member
My advice is to go ahead and do the pulley as well. Probably about $300 more and you will be right at 545rw/540lbs. 9K out of 10k miles on my car with the mods and driven very hard and no problems at all. Same for many others out there.

You might want the Xcal2 instead of the Xcal3 because of the problems with it. Right Chuck?

chuckstang

Established Member
Yes!

I would not get an X3 yet, although I have a new one coming today I hope, and I hope that one works!

But request an X2 for now for sure.

I started with the Stage 1 first because if in case I have any warranty issues, it will be alot easier to hide having put on a JLT vs a JLT and pulley, new plugs and so on.

jream

mods, DAMN peer pressure!
Established Member
i've got the stage 1 setup... cai and tune.

lets just say the car was asleep stock, and now its awake on 10 cups of coffee and a box of no-doze!

sonicsensation

Established Member
dyno-1.jpg

Hope this helps, stageII results.

Users who are viewing this thread