Exaust

Shoff

Established Member
Exhaust

Not sure what to do here Guys

I'm Wanting to put exaust on my SHO but I can't make A desision on what kind. Borla, Flowmaster, Dynomax, etc... I could make my desision if I knew What Each Brand Sounded Like. What is the difference between Aluminized and stainless steel?

I need input on which is Best

If u have a sound clip please post

thanks

:burnout:

Last edited:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
IMO Stay with stock. Invest in a Y-Pipe. Unless your HIGHLY modded an exhaust gives you very minimal gains. Also the sounds very and are an acquired taste from each exhaust IMO.

ND4SPDSHO

Established Member
I have a dynomax catback w/ a performance plus y-pipe and it sounds totally awesome! I couldn't be any happier with it. Stainless steel won't rust, aluminized will slowly

Shoff

Established Member
But aluminum oxidises which normally serves as a coating! I work With Metal Every day and I Have Never heard of Aluminum Rusting?

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Only problem I've heard with the dynomax is it rusting out in about 1 1/2yrs. I believe it was the mufflers. When I had mine it was in the south, so I didn't have that problem. My moms 94 ATX has had hers on the for over a year and no problems with it just yet.

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by RTStabler51
Only problem I've heard with the dynomax is it rusting out in about 1 1/2yrs. I believe it was the mufflers. When I had mine it was in the south, so I didn't have that problem. My moms 94 ATX has had hers on the for over a year and no problems with it just yet.
ugh a year and a half Io would be a pissed off person.

Shoff

Established Member
So what you guys are saying is that I should go ahead And buy the stainless steel? Do you guys think it is worth the extra money?

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
depends on how much you drive, how much snow, etc etc

Personallyk as I stated earlier, knowing what I know now, I would invest your money in a PP SS Ypipe and keep the stock exhaust system on the car. Yeah it won't be loud or what not, but more HP per $$. Not that I now anything or not ;-)

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
where?

my 90 SHO has the stock exhaust on it, though the original mufflers do need replaced.....maybe this summer

Prophet

Established Member
I found and bought shoshop y-pipe with cats for $100
Had a muffler shop install the y,and fabricate a 2.5 stainless steel catback for $380 add two Ededlbrock RPM Muffler from Summit racing for $160 for the pair.

The muffler shop charged $ 100 extra than normal because the y-pipe was used and its illegal for them to install.

I have a lot more power now the car dynoed at 195 horsepower before my new exhaust.

I cheap route you can go is have a muffler shop chop your stock y,take out the cats,install nicer bends .replace the catback go with some Summit turbos $20 a piece [a lot of good feedback on these]and youll be at half of the price of my exhaust set-up.

And my set -up is half the price of many others out there with same exhaust,

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread