exaust

00 white lightn

Established Member
i have headers, no cats, flowmaster 2 chamber 40 series exaust. The flows have been on it since 2004, well i had no issues with it until i put the catless midpipes on it. it has this rattle sound under light to medium throttle which is louder than the exaust i head from the tailpipe. also it goes away under full throttle or just cruising at highway speeds. It is noticable only at low speeds.

1BAD93SVT

Established Member
could be hitting something or the collectors are loose, or the muffler is bad. jack up truck and have someone turn on truck and give light throttle to see if its hitting or the muff.

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
could be hitting something or the collectors are loose, or the muffler is bad. jack up truck and have someone turn on truck and give light throttle to see if its hitting or the muff.

Sounds like the mufflers may have finally gave out. A friend of mine put catless mids on his GT and a few months later the mufflers went out and his car sounded like the way you say yours does. I would have a muffler shop look at it and see what they say.

FLACO_G

Established Member
I think you nee to replace those flows... same thing happened to me... i took it to the muffler shop and once they took one off and started shacking it i know that was it.. those things sounded like maracas...

Users who are viewing this thread