Excessive wear on cloth seats?

Itsdafiveoh

Established Member
I've been noticing lately on my 2011 that I have some excessive wear on the seats, mainly on the side bolsters. Looks like it its wearing thin/fraying, especially on the left side. Had the car approximately 1 year, 15k miles.

Anyone else having this issue? Im about average (6', 210) size :??:

ViciousJay

Established Member
I've been noticing lately on my 2011 that I have some excessive wear on the seats, mainly on the side bolsters. Looks like it its wearing thin/fraying, especially on the left side. Had the car approximately 1 year, 15k miles.

Anyone else having this issue? Im about average (6', 210) size :??:

im having the same issue but with the Pleather seats

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Watch how you're getting in to the car carefully. See if you've scuffing across the bolster etc.

Some wear in these regions are simply going to happen, regardless of the materials used. On the 335xi I had, I started seeing abnormally quick wear until I took some stock in to how I was getting in and out of the car. I was scuffing my jeans (and especially my wallet pocket) across the lower side bolsters. It started fraying the stitching and and wearing in to the leather.

hand-filer

Established Member
How you ingress and egress the vehicle has an impact on how quickly the seats wear.
As the previous poster mentioned, dragging yourself across the seat as you step in and out accelerates the wear process.

Users who are viewing this thread