Exhaust And Performance Options

COBRA MAN OF UT

F...UR SUPRA @ GTR
Established Member
Hey I recently got a 06 black chrome package with medium graphite lariat crew cab. It has about 4k miles on it now, I had a friend that works for edge and have a juice platnum with attitude at cost and it seems to run better then stock.

I have herd alot a people really like the SCT is there a noticable difference in power between the 2 programmers? Also what is the best intake to get do they even make a real noticable difference.

And last I want an exhaust that whistles I feel that a powerstroke should not rumble like a mustang. (just my opinion) is there anyone who knows of a exhaust system that just whistles loudly. I really like the sound of when one is comming to a stop and it just whistles the whole way through deseleration. I think u know what I"m talking about. I have herd just 3.5in down pipe to a 5in straight pipe will give me what I want is this true any suggestions would be appreciated Not looking to have a race truck just a little more fun with it.:D

knowfreed0m

Blown Is Better
Established Member
I would say:

Keep the stock intake
If you like the Edge kit and the truck is running fine then keep it. You should be seeing some NICE gains with it.
Exhaust is gonna rumble no matter what, but if you want more whistle then you're gonna want a straight pipe with no cat so you can really hear the turbo spool. With a catted TB exhaust like the MBRP 4'' you can hear the turbo very good from the outside, but obviously its not as loud as a stright pipe.

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
The SCT is the only way to go for the PSD...My mods are in my sig as long as my dyno numbers...I have a friend that has the edge with the upgraded program and I beat him by about 1 truck length in a race.

Lord Tauk

SVT God
Established Member
Dont know about the 6.0s, I read a 4'' DP is hard to get in there without some persuasion on the firewall, I remember seeing smaller DPs offered on the 6.0's exhaust from MBRPs website.

Im about to put a 4'' MBRP turboback single exit exhaust on my 7.3 along with some gauges. In the future I was planning on an AFE intake, probably just a stage 1, and a DP-tuner chip - that's it as far as performance mods go on my 7.3. I was figuring on getting exhaust and some gauges on before I chip it. Get the 400 series stainless if road salt is used in the winter where you're at, plus it'll hold up in the everyday envrioment longer than the aluminized will. Stainless will still rust though, just takes a lot longer and it's not as bad.

Get gauges for your diesel. It never hurts to know critical information.

I think 5'' is a little big, not that it'd really hurt anything but unless you are making big power I dont think it's needed, but I think of it as personal preference at most typically modded 6.0/7.3 Powerstrokes. I don't care for stacks all too much, they're alright, but not for me.

Last edited:

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
PSD said:
your numbers seem high for your mods, what kind of dyno were you on?

I was on the dyno at kauffman motorsports. I believe that they said it is a mustang dyno or something, im really not up to speed on the different types of dynos. But they only work on mustangs, cobras, lightnings and some powerstrokes. Other than that, I really couldn't tell ya...sorry about the poor information.

boostaholic

Mile High
Established Member
I would lean more toward the sct, it is a much cleaner tune and you won't toast the motor as easily on the highest setting. Any exhaust is good but the 4" downpipes are a bitch to put on, banks and mbrp sound really good and the magnaflow is loud as hell and whistles quitet a bit even at idle...new aem workhorse intake is badass for the 6.0 too :rockon:

Sonic909

Established Member
I have an 03 6.0 with an RBP 4" Turbo back, no cat no muffler with a 5" tip. It whistles like no other, but than again 03's whistle the loudest. It whistles sick at idle.

Lord Tauk

SVT God
Established Member
I saw a video on Youtube of I think a stock 6.0 start up/idle, the whistle out of the exhaust is ear piercing loud. I guess this was an 03 6.0?

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
Lord Tauk said:
I saw a video on Youtube of I think a stock 6.0 start up/idle, the whistle out of the exhaust is ear piercing loud. I guess this was an 03 6.0?

Yea. It was probably an 03 6.0 with the silencer ring pulled out and an MBRP turbo back exhaust. Those things whistle like crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread