Exhaust and salt

sapper

Established Member
I sure see a lot of people talking about getting a different exhaust before they even have the car. Now the way I see that, its like putting salt on your food before you tast it.
Why not get the Cobra and then, after hearing its purrr/roar, then decide what to do.
Now for those of us who want a great sounding car,
can anyone attach sound files so we can hear stock and then hear your modified exhaust?
For those of us who just want power and to hell with the sound, I ask, can Ford use this as an excuse to void warranty. Like them saying "Well Mr. the increased HP due to your exhaust clearly exceeds the factory set limits, therefore I am sorry to say you are SOL." This may turn a simple warranty issue into a real fight.

This said, don't :burn: me too much. Enjoy your rides with or without salt ;-)

Black Cobra

Established Member
Why not get the Cobra and then, after hearing its purrr/roar, then decide what to do

Because the sound of the stock exhaust is not an issue when we already know that it reduces horsepower significantly. Bring on the high flow exhaust:burnout:

YellowSnake

Established Member
Black Cobra is 100% - why not when you know it's restricting the power output of the engine.

I don't know about you guys, but the way the new rear bumper is designed, this car screems for a nice side exhaust kit. I can see I'll be making a call to Steeda (Borla) for a nice new note on my mineral gray beastie! :D

Last edited:

Cat Breath

Established Member
Originally posted by sapper
I sure see a lot of people talking about getting a different exhaust before they even have the car. Now the way I see that, its like putting salt on your food before you tast it.

Not really because we: 1) know that the exhaust is really quiet from everyone who has heard and reviewed it. 2) know that 5.0 Mustang (mag) got 400 rwhp with just the headers (~+40 from stock)

So, it's more like we know that the food we are getting needs salt. :-D Besides, I always salt my food before I taste it!

Users who are viewing this thread