Exhaust Combo W/ Roush AB

13GreenGT

Established Member
I just picked up a 2013 Mustang GT a few months ago and purchased a Roush axle back right away. My buddy just got a o/r bassani x pipe and bassani catback for his 2014 and I loved the sound of it.

I'm looking into getting kooks 1-3/4 long tubes and o/r x pipe or catted (if it will quiet it down). After reading about how loud these roush axlebacks get I'm nervous if I should even pair them with kooks long tubes and an x pipe.

What do you guys think?

Rct851

Established Member
It will be loud and sound bad . I had that combo and hated it from inside the car. A few weeks ago I was following another 5.0 that had that same combo. He was driving getting on it a little so I got to here through severely rpm ranges and loads and it sounded like the car was rattling apart

13GreenGT

Established Member
I'm assuming I'll end up selling this catback then :(, it sucks because I love how just the axle back alone sounds

Last edited:

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
It'll be extremely loud and sound like shit with an off-road mid pipe. I installed an off-road X on a car with rousch axle backs and it's annoyingly/no tone loud

Led_Zep

Don't tread on me
Established Member
I have long tubes, off-road x, Roush ab no resonators. It's not my DD, sounds awesome with compliments daily.

Lone Star

Established Member
my buddy had offroad X, 3" pipes and roush axlebacks, before trading in on a '15. The car was redonkulously LOUD. I did sound good to me but, I could definitely see getting pulled over all the time with that set up.

Users who are viewing this thread