Exhaust Cut-outs w/ remote cable actuators

Pyro

Established Member
Thought I'd post this since many people have asked me about my electronic cut outs. My cutouts are great and the electronic feature is nice but it looks like these mechanical ones are MUCH cheaper and may be more reliable. Dont get me wrong, mine are reliable but motors do burn out so I may be on borrowed time especially considering how many times I open and close mine when f-cking with ricers!!:D The fun factor alone (not including hp gains when opened) should make these worth every penny.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/webapp/wcs...1&langId=-1&storeId=10101&TID=190003867GM0704

03cobrarocks

Established Member
omg i want some asap

my dad made me get legal exhaust so i could pass emisions and this I think is the answer to my problem.

I have steeda cat back and x pipe with cats it sounds real clean but not loud enough i think I am goin to put some of these on and unbolt them.

will my exhaust sound the same when the cut outs are closed as it does right now without them on there?

about how much and how long do they take to install?

thanks

is it louder than straight pipes?

Pyro

Established Member
Mine sound like run-of-the-mill flowmasters when the cut outs are closed. When they are opened, they are mean as hell.

As far as cost, they cost about $100 to install right before the mufflers. I dont know if they will pass smog but it all depends on where you are and who does it.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
if u want it to sound like a chevy pickup with glasspacks, enjoy the cut outs.

jimwood

Established Member
How does that work? When closed, it routes the exhuast through the mufflers, and when its open thats where the exhaust comes out of?

cgriff97cobra

I HATE DEER
Established Member
i had some on my car and yes they are so much fun to mess with people with but they are so loud. If you want them i say get the ones with the cables so you can pull them up and leave them up. I had to cap mine with 3 wing nuts. VERY LOUD but doesnt have a good sound at all. Gains with them open but kills you when they are closed. IMO

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Excuse my ignorance, but how exactly are they actuated if they are mechanical? You have to pull a cable underneath your car or am I missing something here? It makes it sound like you can adjust them in the car.

RedfireVert

Las Vegas SEMA 2005 -
Established Member
I am the only one who thinks that...you need to have the ECM tuned to run with reduced restriction:shrug:

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
Noise mod:lol: :lol: :lol: Pull up to ricer at the light and scare the daylights out of em'.

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
You need to be real careful with cutouts. Use them too many times and you will be shooting blanks. :rockon:

Pyro

Established Member
Originally posted by quadcammer
if u want it to sound like a chevy pickup with glasspacks, enjoy the cut outs.

Too funny...Not even close. At normal acceleration, it sounds mean and clean. At WOT, it sounds like NASCAR....simply wicked. People usually dont even bother trying to catch up after hearing it.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
Originally posted by Pyro
Too funny...Not even close. At normal acceleration, it sounds mean and clean. At WOT, it sounds like NASCAR....simply wicked. People usually dont even bother trying to catch up after hearing it.

you act like i have never heard them before.

they sound like worse on Fbodies, but they still sound like crap on mustangs.

in fact cutouts just sound like crap in general

Pyro

Established Member

Dominick32

BANNED
I figured the best placement for exhaust cutouts would be directly before the cats. After header/exhaust manifold connection to h-pipe.

Wouldnt the maximum power goals be achieved using this method. (and sound goals for that matter)
I do understand you didnt have the room to do it. But then why do it?

Dom

Users who are viewing this thread