exhaust for 06 F350 6.0L

Jman

Established Member
my old mans gettin a 350 tomm and i thought it would be nice to slap an exhaust on for him. whats a good exhaust out there? i would like to keep the stock piping to swap just in case he needs to take her in for warranty work or whatever. we own a trucking company and have 7" and 8" stacks on our petes and just run straight pipes pretty much... i dont know much about pickup diesels. would straight pipe make for turbo lag? would turbo back be better then just a plain catback? thanks in advance for the help. :beer:

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
If I was you I would go with a MBRP 4 or 5 inch kit from the turbo back. My friend ran straight pipe on his 06 king ranch and it sounded like a hemi. You are better off getting the turbo back kit because it gives you a new downpipe which makes a good bit of difference. I went with a 4 in Bully dog on mine because it was cheap and i needed one, but if you want to do it right, get the MBRP. Also you said about stacks, if you are looking into getting stacks for it, i would suggest going to www.blackclouddiesel.com they have some of the sickest stacks around. But other than that, all i can say is turbo back kit with the down pipe and cut out the cat. Thats what I did. The turbo sounds like an airplane until around 2K and then it gets a nice deep rumble. But go with the turbo back kit and youll be thankful you did.

Jman

Established Member
well NO STACKS haha i was just saying that we got stacks which are pretty much just straight pipes..... just using it as a comparision..... how muach of a PITA is a turbo back?

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
Jman said:
well NO STACKS haha i was just saying that we got stacks which are pretty much just straight pipes..... just using it as a comparision..... how muach of a PITA is a turbo back?

To be honest, the install on the Turbo Back Kit is really quite simple. The hardest part was getting to the downpipe and slidding the new one in place. But since I knew that I wasn't going to be using the old one again, i just beat the thing into submission and wiggled it out. But the install of the actual pipe and muffler is very easy, just hang, clamp, and weld. It is a good idea to clamp and weld so you are sure that there are no leaks, because seeing black smoke roll out from underneath the bottom of the truck doesn't look to good and can be pretty messy. But as far as the install goes, it is really quite simple, better than I actually thought.

.n0b.

moar powa
Established Member
!!!PainTrain!!! said:
To be honest, the install on the Turbo Back Kit is really quite simple. The hardest part was getting to the downpipe and slidding the new one in place. But since I knew that I wasn't going to be using the old one again, i just beat the thing into submission and wiggled it out. But the install of the actual pipe and muffler is very easy, just hang, clamp, and weld. It is a good idea to clamp and weld so you are sure that there are no leaks, because seeing black smoke roll out from underneath the bottom of the truck doesn't look to good and can be pretty messy. But as far as the install goes, it is really quite simple, better than I actually thought.

Ya that will be the PITA of the install, but otherwise not bad.

Users who are viewing this thread