Exhaust Gasket question?

Decepticon156

Established Member
I need some help with the gasket on the passenger side manifold midpipe connection. I recently developed a leak and it was caused by a broken gasket. Now i have a new gasket and want to know if there is any specific way to put it...i.e. front and back, which side does the 2/5 pronged? opening go, etc. Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. I dont really even know if the placement matters but i really dont want another annoying leak. thanks

Decepticon156

Established Member
usually i would but i removed it a while back and it has been sitting (damn snow n salty roads) and i cant remember

djtyau

Established Member
It only goes in one way. Once you remove the exchaust manifold you know which way the gasket is supposed to be placed. I just did mine and it was easy to figure out.

Charles236

Established Member
Whenever I have the mid-pipe off of my Mach1, I replace the gasket with the raised section down, into the receiver groove machined into the flange on the mid-pipe. It seems to seal well this way, and if the gasket were turned the other way it would not fit down into the reciever groove very well.

Users who are viewing this thread