Exhaust Halfways!

SVT RELAMPAGO

28,348 kw lightning
Established Member
Took the truck in to the muffler shop and they put the x pipe and the mufflers but couldn't do the tail pipes. they said the tips are to long and that they wouln't be able bend the pipe to get good fitment with the tips .I'll check the other shop to see if they can do them if not i'll have to buy knew shorter ones and sell the ones I have. Few pics don't mind the ugly ****er on the back hes just the shop owner.
ax3oj3.jpg

ex2qd9.jpg

exh1cu4.jpg

SVT RELAMPAGO

28,348 kw lightning
Established Member
The problem is that he said he needs to bend almost two 90 angles or something like that

SVT RELAMPAGO

28,348 kw lightning
Established Member
is the drive shft suppose to have that marking ,like its rubbing on something right after that code bar sticker?

Dusten

Established Member
The driveshaft looks like its rubbing. My exhaust fit.... (pay no attention to the crap pipe under there, it was on when i bought it, i had it replaced.
exhaustafterx-pipe.gif

exhaustx-pipe.gif

exhaustoffmanifolds.gif

SVT RELAMPAGO

28,348 kw lightning
Established Member
dusten do you have another pic where we can see the actual bend going to the tips? Do you have 18" tips?

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
I had my setup done the same way you are, ordered the parts and had them installed locally. If the current guy can't do it then go elsewhere until you find an old timer that can. It is a tough fit under there but it can be done. You'll most likely need 12" tips for it to work out so keep that in mind.

It looks as though your drive shaft is rubbing on the strap that holds the fuel tank in, if so get it corrected ASAP as well as ensure that the DS isn't badly damaged or it will fail.

2tonOfun

Established Member
I did the same thing (except my stuff was all 3") and it wasn't that tough. The bends are a little tricky to get them both to come out at the right angle and position, but any good muffler guy should be able to tackle it.

SVT RELAMPAGO

28,348 kw lightning
Established Member
the shop Im taking it to looks more promessing. I talk to and "old timer" haha and he look at my stuff and said" its going to tricky to get it inthere but it should fit". I been thinking about it all afternon and I think I'll go with ss an a good mandrel bend. might as well get something well done. It sound pretty good already i took it for a drive and few alarms went off.

Users who are viewing this thread