Exhaust help ASAP!!!

dynasty_365

Established Member
As most of u know from the other thread I have the flowmaster outlaw exhaust. While the tone is good they r just too damn loud. Soooo I'm looking to get out of them and into something with a nice muscle sound without all the in your face loudness and popping. Right now I'm thinking flow master American thunder. I'm also looking at the kooks system, and stainless works. Any thoughts?

Also remember I have the jpc over axle pipes with no resonators. So what do u guys think. I'm trying to order today so I'll have them in this week sometimes.

Also I'm selling the outlaws if anyone is interested

Laztug

Established Member
Just a suggestion...why dont you just put the resonators back on? It should reduce your decibel level and get rid of some of the unwanted popping in the exhaust.

I have stock cats x-pipe resonator delete and magnapacks and it seems pretty tame compared to those outlaws.

here is a random vid windows up.

th_VID_20120208_224324.jpg

dynasty_365

Established Member
Doubt that works. Guy in my other thread has them also and says they r loud and he is stock and only has the axle back. He likes the loud and poppiness of them though. I like a more throaty muscular bass sound. They have a good tone but r loud and very poppy

dynasty_365

Established Member
This is a member on here with the American thunder

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TL6TF11ewN8&context=C3585bb3ADOEgsToPDskKeF80gqbV-QqvzmI-TkApy"]5.0 exhaust wot - YouTube[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWwvX6NNCt8&feature=context&context=C3585bb3ADOEgsToPDskKeF80gqbV-QqvzmI-TkApy"]2011 5.0 dyno pull on mustang dyno - YouTube[/nomedia]

dynasty_365

Established Member
I know it has the cam tune on it but u can still here the raw exhaust. No popping no rasp

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7O1js1yPkI&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL"]2011 5.0 cammed tune o/r H pipe and flowmaster classic - YouTube[/nomedia]

dro

Stock 5.0 w/ mods > *
Established Member
Magnaflow streets + offroad X here. I love the tone, but sadly magnaflow exhaust systems aren't what they used to be. The quality sucks.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
GT500s are your best choice, really. If you want something deep and you are willing to take a chance on possible drone, MAC is the way to go.

Mike

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
The SW catback sounds really good when paired with the stock H pipe. the thing is if you swith to SW youll have to lose the JPC over axles. Since you already have those i would look into a different axle back. to me flowmasters all sound the same so i would look into the roush (not sure if its as loud as the outlaws but it sounds alot better IMO) or even the GT500s. the S type borlas would probabaly sound awesome as well, but i think the pop quite a bit as well. im sure someone with borlas can chime in on that though. the borla axlebacks are not cheap though!

fish tumor

Established Member
Delta 40 flowmasters . Not kidding they have the muscle deep tone but they are soundless compared to all these other mufflers.

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
Id say GT500's from a price standpoint since your already out the cost of the outlaws until you sell em. The tips though are what bother me and would push my opinion to another axelback.

Kooks is a fine product, i love the double walled tips and their sound is unmistakable. Sadly mine do pop a little from time to time having an o/r pipe, but overall im happy with em.

stang8psi

Established Member
Id say GT500's from a price standpoint since your already out the cost of the outlaws until you sell em. The tips though are what bother me and would push my opinion to another axelback.

Kooks is a fine product, i love the double walled tips and their sound is unmistakable. Sadly mine do pop a little from time to time having an o/r pipe, but overall im happy with em.

do you happen to have any sound clips of them?

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
What helps elimiNate the popping?

An X pipe. It will also tone down the volume a bit and smooth out the tone. I had the GT500s with no resonators and the stock H and it popped constantly. Replaced that with a 3 inch X pipe and the popping was severely curtailed. With my current tune and the Roush, I have a bit more popping than the GT500s, but not nearly as much as when I had an H.

Mike

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
do you happen to have any sound clips of them?

of course, but this has the o/r X so the tone is quite a bit different from a stock H with cats.

[youtube_browser]agpelLa8Uy8[/youtube_browser]

An X pipe. It will also tone down the volume a bit and smooth out the tone. I had the GT500s with no resonators and the stock H and it popped constantly. Replaced that with a 3 inch X pipe and the popping was severely curtailed. With my current tune and the Roush, I have a bit more popping than the GT500s, but not nearly as much as when I had an H.

Mike

This could cure some popping as well.
Question is how far do you want to go with the exhaust o/p?
From my experience though, if your un-happy with a muffler already then changing mid pipes or headers or over axel pipes are just going to band aid the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread