Exhaust help needed(Magnaflow vs Bassani)

Tickle

Established Member
I would like some opinions on which exhaust/mufflers to install. I am trying to keep the exhaust somewhat "tame" and avoid the louder setups. I'm also trying to get away from the chambered sound.

I currently have a Bassani O/R X with stock manifolds and catback.

I have narrowed it down to magnaflow straight through mufflers or Bassani BX.

Which is better? Why?

Also, is there any reason to get catback versus just the mufflers? I like the stock piping and can have a shop cut and weld mufflers. It would save me a couple hundred.

Any advice is appreciated!

ImThatGuy

Huffing Ether
Established Member
I would go Bassani all the way, dont get me wrong I do like Magnaflows sounds. Bassani has a crisp thoaty sound, that even without cats had a nice growl to it that it was not too much with windows down or up. Bassani has a sound like no other.... :)

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
What year is your car Tickle?

Ive had both systems on my car (95 Cobra with a 306 H/C/I, BBK shorties, MAC H pipe with Vibrant spun metallic cats), Magnaflow and Bassani. The Magnaflows had a nice sound. Nice when cruising around town and loud when you got into it. The Bassani catback is on the car currently, still nice when driving around town and sounds really nice when you get on it. It seems to have less highway drone than the Magnaflow system IMO.

Keep in mind that there seems to be 2 types of Bassani mufflers. One is a straight through (where you can see right through from end to end), the other seems to be a "chambered" straight through.
The mufflers on my bassani catback are straight through.

Attachments

• 20150808_153801_zpsr30p7hah.jpg
    20150808_153801_zpsr30p7hah.jpg
    279.9 KB · Views: 259
  • bassani.jpg
    bassani.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 549
Last edited:

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
If you have o/r mid pipe I'd say regular magnaflow if catted then packs I had off-road h and regular magnaflow and they were perfect tame at cruise and nasty loud wot I currently have dyno max mini race bullets and it will wake the dead at idle so remember if it's a pack or bullet type it's going to be obnoxious with o/r mid pipe

Tickle

Established Member
I ordered BX4840 mufflers. They are what comes in the catback.

Aren't the straight through ones referred to as "race" mufflers?

Tickle

Established Member
What year is your car Tickle?

Ive had both systems on my car (95 Cobra with a 306 H/C/I, BBK shorties, MAC H pipe with Vibrant spun metallic cats), Magnaflow and Bassani. The Magnaflows had a nice sound. Nice when cruising around town and loud when you got into it. The Bassani catback is on the car currently, still nice when driving around town and sounds really nice when you get on it. It seems to have less highway drone than the Magnaflow system IMO.

Keep in mind that there seems to be 2 types of Bassani mufflers. One is a straight through (where you can see right through from end to end), the other seems to be a "chambered" straight through.
The mufflers on my bassani catback are straight through.

"Chambered" Bassani:
Kornfed on here posted a picture of his Bassani mufflers.
20150808_153801_zpsr30p7hah.jpg

bassani.jpg

I will try and get a pic of my Bassani mufflers one of these days and post a pic.

My car is a 96. I think I ordered what is pictured above. I love the bassani sound from all of the clips I have heard. I did mufflers only to save some money, $200 for the pair isn't bad. I'll cut them out if I don't like them. It should sound pretty good paired with the bassani o/r X mid pipe I already have.

Users who are viewing this thread