Exhaust Help, Trying to order now?!

Stripped302

Established Member
Hope this isn't a dumb question but trying to order a cat-back for my buddies 12'GT500, the two that I'm trying to order say 5.0L 3in in the title but then under fitment list GT,Boss, and GT500. Is that correct? Looking at either the pypes mid-muffler or the stainless works, both are 3in and complete cat-backs and 304 stainless. Also they seem to both be available through lethal.

Any fast help or feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.:beer:

Stripped302

Established Member
Thanks, we were hoping to order it tonight before he heads out on vaca. The plan was to order it and for me to install it while he was gone on vaction so it's ready when he gets back.

Steve@BAS

Established Member
Yea, it's probably right. I had a 3" magnapack setup, and there was a reducer on the front of the pipe to go to the 2.5" factory pipes. As long as the part is listed for the 5.0 I'm sure you'll be covered even if it does arrive wrong.

Stripped302

Established Member
Got some answers this morning from a fellow named Jason over at Stainless Works, I guess all the catback systems work across the board with the factory mid-pipes as the GT and GT500 both use 2 3/4 pipe for it. Going to order today, I will update with pics and video hopefully by Weds.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Got some answers this morning from a fellow named Jason over at Stainless Works, I guess all the catback systems work across the board with the factory mid-pipes as the GT and GT500 both use 2 3/4 pipe for it. Going to order today, I will update with pics and video hopefully by Weds.

That is correct. The 2011-2014 5.0L Boss and GT share the same exhaust overaxle pipe and muffler connection size as the 2011-2013 GT500's. They're all 2-3/4".

If you have any other questions or need assistance placing an order please feel free to give us a call.

Thanks, Jared

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread