Exhaust issues, Help Please!

NeverEndn

Established Member
Do any of you guys know what would cause my exhaust to pop and crackle really bad on deacceleration, it does it worse at higher speeds. This is not a normal crackle and pop this is an annoying like almost back firing sound, but it only does it when you let off not while driving. I have a full exhaust, dynatech long tubes, with dynatech highflow cats attached then an x pipe, with magna flow race series mufflers/silver bullits. It never did this last year, but now its does. Like when im driving down the highway at higher speeds and let off it gurgles and pops for ever until i almost come to a stop. Any advice will help , could this be a burnt out cat, or muffler packing is gone or sensor or anything help please, its killing me and its annoying! :shrug:

FireGuy

Clear As Mud
Established Member
Snap, Crackle, and Pop, isn't that rice Crispies? Couldn't help myself :lol1:

Just kidding... It could be many things but my guess is the egr valve is hanging open too long, or your IAC is dirty and closing too soon.

I would try cleaning the IAC first then try a short drive with the vacuum hose disconnected and blocked at the top of the egr. If none of those gets it, I am stumped for now.

Users who are viewing this thread