Exhaust? / muffler advice

STACKZ89

Established Member
I currently have an O/R X-pipe from lethal and I want a little louder then the stock mufflers.. I see on some websites they offer MAC mufflers and magnaflow muffler deletes but they say only for GT, but if u can put gt500 mufflers on a GT why can't u put GT mufflers on a gt500?? Also what kind of mufflers u guys recommend for a car with an o/r X-pipe..???

STACKZ89

Established Member
I'm curious how loud the car will be with magnaflow muffler deletes and no cats..? Will it at least sound good?

gatorfan462

Established Member
Muffler deletes with a off road mid pipe will be ridiculously loud. I had a orx with some custom muffler deletes using the tips off my old Bullitt mufflers and it was obnoxiously loud. I drove it for about 2 days and then changed the mid pipe back till I purchased my borla stingers.

STACKZ89

Established Member
Muffler deletes with a off road mid pipe will be ridiculously loud. I had a orx with some custom muffler deletes using the tips off my old Bullitt mufflers and it was obnoxiously loud. I drove it for about 2 days and then changed the mid pipe back till I purchased my borla stingers.

Yeah I think I'm going to go with bassanis! The borla stingers are nice to I just want something a little different.

gatorfan462

Established Member
Yeah I think I'm going to go with bassanis! The borla stingers are nice to I just want something a little different.

Bassani is what I put on my bullitt and I did not think about taking them off before I traded it for my Shelby. Or that is what I would have on my car now. They sounded great with the stock mid pipe on the bullitt. So they should sound really good with the orx you have.

STACKZ89

Established Member
Bassani is what I put on my bullitt and I did not think about taking them off before I traded it for my Shelby. Or that is what I would have on my car now. They sounded great with the stock mid pipe on the bullitt. So they should sound really good with the orx you have.

Yeah I can't wait to hear it!

leviticus

Established Member
I have Borla Tourings on my 08 and they are only listed as 05-09 GT. I think the GT and GT500 have the same axle back setup.

I don't know about the tourings, but I have the ATAKs and they are actually a different muffler for the Shelby compared to the GT. they fit the same for either one.

Moody03SVT

Hear2Learn@Teach
Established Member
Same boat here, stock GT500 mufflers and offroad xpipe from lethal. I am also looking for a bit more sound but not sure and hesitant to switch. I have heard people suggest Corsa Sports with offroad xpipe, now the Borla Touring with offroad xpipe, and others have added resonators before the axle and flow through mufflers with the offroad xpipe and say its perfect.

I have yet to hear all of these in person to make the decision on which sound I like the best.

MastaAce03

Established Member
Look back a couple pages and you'll find an identical post with vids posted of the borla tourings

MagnaFlow

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
If you were looking for just a bit more sound, our Street Axleback (15593) would be perfect! With this system you get a deeper tone, and when combined with an OR pipe, the volume would still be at a tolerable level for street driving.

TheGovernment

Established Member
I had the Those Magnaflow 15593's mufflers on my 08 500 when I first bought it. My 70 year old dad called them old man mufflers LOL

I'm running a BBK HP cat back and they didn't sound much different that stock. I'm not sure what the OP's looking for in terms of sheer volume but they were not very loud at all. I ended up taking them off and got the sound I was looking for with a set of thrush Welded.

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
If you were looking for just a bit more sound, our Street Axleback (15593) would be perfect! With this system you get a deeper tone, and when combined with an OR pipe, the volume would still be at a tolerable level for street driving.

I have o/r H and your catback and it is very tame while cruising around the street (good when cops are around). It is really loud when I got on it. I get a lot of compliments with my setup.

MagnaFlow

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I had the Those Magnaflow 15593's mufflers on my 08 500 when I first bought it. My 70 year old dad called them old man mufflers LOL

I'm running a BBK HP cat back and they didn't sound much different that stock. I'm not sure what the OP's looking for in terms of sheer volume but they were not very loud at all. I ended up taking them off and got the sound I was looking for with a set of thrush Welded.

We recommended the street mufflers since the OP wants just a slight increase in volume. Your goals for sound and volume are most likely not the same. :p

I have o/r H and your catback and it is very tame while cruising around the street (good when cops are around). It is really loud when I got on it. I get a lot of compliments with my setup.

We're glad to hear that you like it!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread