Exhaust Popping under WOT

SwivelSawvel

Established Member
Hey there I have researched this for the past couple days and no luck. I installed a O/R H on my car to a Steeda catback and my car has a exhaust poping noise from 2k to about 3.5k rpm range and it goes smooth again. I have my spark plugs gapped to .035 and its still doing it. I have a 2.75 upper with O/R h, Steeda CB and JLT Ram intake. The car runs great and idles great just pops really loud threw that rpm range at WOT. Any help will be great, I have a set of flowmasters I want to put on but they sound horrible with the popping!

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
This didn't happen until the Off Road H?

Sounds like it might be a marginally lean car just got leaner, if that's all you changed.
Is it tight at all the connections?

Data log it.

Fatten the tune up.(if you find that is the problem)

Don't blow it up.

Clean the MAF just because, and then check for vacuum leaks.

cobra=trouble

Established Member
i hope it's not a dropped or loose valve seat. mine gave me fits untill i finaly lost that hole on #6.

SwivelSawvel

Established Member
It was doing it when I had an O/R X pipe on for the tune then swapped over to the O/R H. I installed this new motor and it had a 2.75 pulley and a bbk twin 65mm TB on it. Was running poor (idle would be crazy) so I bought a stocker off svtp and threw it on there to solve the idle issue but I was running a stock tune with a 2.75 pulley so I stayed out of boost until I threw it on a dyno and on that same dyno day is when I installed the O/R x (noticed it on first start up but never paid attention to it) and steeda and JLT intake. Got it tuned then found an O/R H slapped it on there and noticed it quite a bit more. No exhaust leaks already checked for that.

Users who are viewing this thread