exhaust question: terminator vs fox

venmos1

Established Member
ive sold my 03 cobra and am looking to get into a foxbody. on my cobra i had slp loudmouth 2 with stock h. i loved the sound of that exhaust. i know little about the foxbodies. how do they differ in sound? anyone heard a fox with LM2 mufflers? im looking for deep and not raspy, no drone. will be a daily driver so fairly quiet cruising is important, but when i get on it i want to hear it. any suggestions? thanks

golden_eye

All show and no go
Established Member
I always loved the way the 5.0s sounded compared to the 4.6. That's mostly preference though. It should sound pretty good with the SLPs. As for midpipe, I'd go with an H but it's up to you depending on what kind of sound you want. Flowmasters also sound awesome on 5.0s but everyone and their mom has them.

Here's a fox with SLPs, not sure of they are 1s or 2s though. [ame="http://videos.streetfire.net/video/86-Mustang-LX-Just-installed-the-SLPs_113251.htm"]86 Mustang LX Just installed the SLP's - Video[/ame]

Last edited:

venmos1

Established Member
the exhaust i was looking to get when it was all said and done on the cobra was a mac prochamber h with slp lm2 catback. from the searching ive done this would give the deep muscle car tone with no drone and a tame sounding rumble cruising and the roar when you get on it. yeah it seems as though everyone puts flowmasters or magnaflow on their foxes. i just didnt know how the 5.0 differed from the 4.6 modular. the slp lm1 from what ive heared is alittle too loud. love the sound of the lm2 mufflers. thanks for the input

Users who are viewing this thread