exhaust question

03silverdrop

Established Member
I just installed a mac cat back exhaust and the tail pipes don't seem correct. Is it possible to accidently reverse the pipes that go on after the mufflers? Before I installed the tail pipes, the pipes that you hook the tailpipes to didn't seem to be even on each side. They looked to be off by quite a bit. It's the part of the exhuast that goes under the IRS is not as blatant as some of the other systems I've seen. They seem to sit a little higher and don't hang down as low. Is this normal or should they be hanging down like the rest of the systems? Any help would be appreciated.:??: :bash: :beer:

Last edited:

Zinc03Cobra

Super Trooper
Established Member
You might want to adjust your catback all together. If the tail pipes are incorrect to you, you can always take it to an exhaust shop for an adjustment. Might cost you, but at least you know it'll be a one time thing. While you're at it, if you feel that it hangs too low, you might be able to ask them to tuck it up for you so you avoid scraping your system. just my 2 cents.

x14

Established Member
Known issue with the MAC system.

I have the new MAC system with the black coating. My problem is the right tip seems to be slightly longer than the left. Also the right tip does not come straight back and angle outward slightly. I've been told this is a problem with these new exhaust hangers MAC is using. No matter how you align them they will eventually come loose.

To keep the tips center my had to be welded. To "fix" the right tip sticking outward the shop made both tips angled outward so they look even. To me the right tip still looks like it stick out longer than the left and we they measured them to double check.

fubu795

Banned
I have one of the original MAC 3 inch systems. I had that problem once but we unloosened everything, had one guy hold it correctly in place while the other guy tightened it, been fine for 9k miles now.

Dan.....

03silverdrop

Established Member
Thanks Dan!! I've seen alot of your posts since I've joined this site and wanted to say congrats on your numbers. Those are great times!!! I remember when you ran an 11.81 with the 3.0 pulley and DR's. That is the pulley that I've got on right now and I'm shooting for low 12's in a vert with the stock F1's. Thanks again!!!

Users who are viewing this thread