Exhaust question

SBSnake

Established Member
Hey guys, i just picked up another new edge GT for my daily driver and i have an exhaust question. The car has MAC longtubes, prochamber and Magnapacks on it now, and it has Stage II cams in it from Crower. My question is, if i changed to another style midpipe like a true o/r X (no chamber like the prochamber has) would it bring out the sound of my cams more? Im just curious, because when i bought the car it had MAC mufflers welded into the stock catback and i hoped the Magnapacks would bring out the sound of the cams more than it really did haha. TIA for any suggestions fellas :beer:

JerseyTrueBlue

Established Member
The prochamber is a fairly quiet midpipe, even being catless. I would guess an x or h would bring out the lope more but I couldn't tell you which would be better. I'm assuming an H because thats what most of the loud pushrod V8 cars you hear at the track are running and they LOPE lol.

SBSnake

Established Member
thanks for the reply Jersey, i can tell its pretty quiet especially at idle. My last GT was running MAC longtubes, o/r H and LM1s and it was ungodly so i can definately tell this combo is gonna be a little more refined. Also, my other GT had cams in it as well and to me it sounded like the H pipe covered up the sound of the cams more than anything :shrug: Anybody else have any experience?

Last edited:

usmcgtstang2141

Established Member
i had dumps and no cams but u could here the cams id go that route and looks clean on my 96! now if u have the cuts in the bumper i would go wider pipe and x pipe no cats.

JerseyTrueBlue

Established Member
I don't have cams, however I bought the SLP catted X-pipe because I love the way our cars sound through an X. Even without cams my idle is pretty loud, it wakes up my neighbors lol.

Built4.6

Built
Established Member
How are those crower stage II's?! Performance and idle wise?

And to be honest man, O/R xpipes sound the best on our cars and they flow the best PERIOD. You'd definitely hear the lope. I have small stage I's and i'm running a bassani O/R x, and you can definitely hear the lope even though it's small

Last edited:

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
i had SLP loudmouth I's and SLP o/r x on my 01 GT with stock cams and you could "hear" (it didnt cut up hard or anything but you could hear them) the stock ones because the exhaust was just so open, pretty much straight pipe all the way through the back

Users who are viewing this thread