Exhaust question

blown306stang

Mr. Clean
Established Member
I have a 2011 mustang gt. I just installed Pypes LTs. I am also installing Roush ABs. I am running the Pypes x-pipe no cats. Was wondering should i keep the stock over axle pipes with the resonators or get the JPC racing ones with no resonators. I'm not worried about how loud it is. Just wondering what you guys think would sound better. Resonators or no Resonators.
thanks.

Last edited:

cdog1157

Established Member
with longtubes, offroad X and Roush, it's going to be insanely loud!! I'd leave the resonators in, I think it'd make them sound deeper and hopefully less raspy.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
You will not be able to drive it with no cats, no resonators, longtubes and the Roush. I could not drive it with this combo, minus the headers. It was literally as loud as a Winston Cup car under throttle. Plus, it vibrated the entire back of the car. Here is an idea of the volume:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQjP6tK_ePM&list=UUECPEzGAKEB4O9G3T-ImoFA&index=19&feature=plcp"]2012 Mustang GT 5.0 with Roush Axle Back and offroad X rev-up - YouTube[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyhOtgr23vo&list=UUECPEzGAKEB4O9G3T-ImoFA&index=20&feature=plcp"]2012 Mustang GT with AED Lope Idle Tune, Roush Axleback and no Cats - YouTube[/nomedia]

The resonators may not even tame it, in all sincerity. I had to resort to 3 inch Bullets....and I ditched the Roush.

Mike

BigMackCoyote

I have a Boost Leak!
Established Member
^ I agree with Mike. I love loud exhausts like the 03-04 cobra had. The 5.0 with no cats and straight back pipe is louder. Here is just a video of me staying under 3k start up and drive away. o/r h and magnaflow muffer deletes which are pretty much the same as the roush's. The camera captured 1/3 of how loud this combo is. The whole car vibrates and the cold start is stupid loud. After my blower is on and tuned i'm switching to gt500 axlebacks. I just want to hear it with the added volume first :)

[youtube_browser]q8i7Cfif5dw[/youtube_browser]

Users who are viewing this thread