Exhaust questions!?

Bikeboy77

Established Member
As most of you know I bought my Lighting last week. I keep finding more and more after market parts on it. The person I bought it from only had it for a few months and had purchased it on-line from a dealer down south. He thought everything was stock except for the Airaid CAI. When I looked at it I found it also had an Accufab billet TB and since have discovered it's been upgraded to the 90mm Maf. I decided to do a little hunting under the truck to see if anything else has been changed. Does Ford use Shorty style headers for there manifolds? I was surprised to see shorty's there but I know ford has used that style of manifolds in other vehichles. It has the stock 4 cats and then I found a Spin Tech H pipe, I'm guessing the mufflers are also spin-tech because it apears to be the same metel as the H pipe but they are not marked so I'm not positive. They are rectangular in shape and look like a large brick with smoothed edges if that helps. The exhaust is pretty quiet but I'm guessing thats from the factory cats. Is the Spin Tech set up pretty good? will they liven up a bit with high flow cats? Unfortunetly everything is welded together from the cats back, I had wanted to switch out the stock cats for a set of High Flows. Is there anything thats compatable with this set up? Would I just bring it to a muffler shop and have them cut out the stock cats and bolt/weld up the new section? It also apears to have a simple frame brace with a drive shaft loop built in. Sorry for all the questions but any info would be appreciated!

ChuteboxeL03

Established Member
I have the stock cats and only have 2 flows 10 series and its loud as heck, high flows will free up some sound and power, as well as a X pipe. But ill tell you right now your exhaust is not stock, the lightning does not come factory with a H pipe.
Take the stock cats out for 2 magnaflows part# 94306 you only need 1 per side, and grab a X pipe from magnaflow # 10791, personally i dont like magnaflows mufflers but thats your choice, goodluck

Bikeboy77

Established Member
I did a little research and found out that I do indead have the Spintech Catback and I'm guessing the shorty headers are not stock too... I would like to remove the stock cats and replace it with a high flow set up. Would the bassani or magnaflow high flows setup swap right in?

Users who are viewing this thread