Exhaust: real life vs YouTube

dynasty_365

Established Member
I along with a lot of others r always looking to hear exhaust to find the beat sounding for our vehicles but man I gotta tell u after this weekend I gotta say the sound in person sounds totally different than YouTube videos. At the car show this weekend I heard quickstang50's flowmaster hushpower exhaust with lethal offroad x and I must say it sounded beastly compared to what I heard on YouTube. I also heard another guys 5.0 who had the gt500 exhaust. While not as impressive as the hushpowers I was still amazed at the sound due to the fact that both sounded like shit to me on YouTube videos.

Stripperpolef150's borla catback sounds sickdiculous also. Pretty damn loud and it's not even the atak. Kinda makes me rethink the whole muffler deletes. If those r that loud deletes must b ungodly. Will probably wake the damn dead

it's only about 8-10 5.0's in baton rouge so I dnt get to hear exhaust that often to compare sounds

chancejat

Established Member
i have the pypes deletes and its about perfect maybe just a little on the loud side, but i also have cats still....not for long though...

09gtt

Established Member
H pipe and gt500 mufflers is the best sounding combo out there IMO. Not too loud when cruising but nice and loud when u get on it.

kingnut

Established Member
everyone has their own definition of what sounds good. taking a brand new 2012 cars cats off doesnt sound like a good move to me. bassani axle backs with a blower and im good.

dynasty_365

Established Member
The gt500 with stock h pipe is a little quiet IMO. I mean if has a good Rome but a little quiet for my taste. The borla catback is fkn ridiculous in person. You'll definately hear that person cing before u even see them. Supposedly the pypes r like a louder version of the borlas. I'm very interested in the pypes system. Plus for what they cost if u dnt like them u haven't wasted a shitload of money ya know

dynasty_365

Established Member
everyone has their own definition of what sounds good. taking a brand new 2012 cars cats off doesnt sound like a good move to me. bassani axle backs with a blower and im good.

Yup everyone has there own thing for what sounds good. For me I like a deep aggressive loud tone. Dnt like rasp or popping at all

kyoshosp2

Established Member
I had offroad x and muffler deletes for about 6 minuites.. Sounded like a NASCAR ... Went to gt500 muffs and loved it

Ivan 5.0

Established Member
I've got to say almost all exhausts sound better in person than online. You get a better sense of bass and decibels in person. FWIW, my SW catback sounds pretty damn good. Even better w/ LT's :p

acrbill

Established Member
I was rocking hushpowers and an offroad H. It sounds great at idle and roars at WOT.

I put the car back to stock and removed the intake sound tube and now it is so quiet it is ridiculous.

Strpperpolef150

Established Member
lol I still need to take you for a ride so you can hear them better. I can't wait to hear the difference long tubes and o/r x will make. I told you that you'd like the hushpower with o/r x lol. Another thing I saw someone do that you will probably like is o/r x, over axle pipes, and flowmaster 40 series mufflers. I have the original flowmaster 40s on my v6 truck and they make it sounds nasty so I can only imagine how the 5.0 would sound in person with them.

NemeCes

Established Member
I along with a lot of others r always looking to hear exhaust to find the beat sounding for our vehicles but man I gotta tell u after this weekend I gotta say the sound in person sounds totally different than YouTube videos. At the car show this weekend I heard quickstang50's flowmaster hushpower exhaust with lethal offroad x and I must say it sounded beastly compared to what I heard on YouTube. I also heard another guys 5.0 who had the gt500 exhaust. While not as impressive as the hushpowers I was still amazed at the sound due to the fact that both sounded like shit to me on YouTube videos.

Stripperpolef150's borla catback sounds sickdiculous also. Pretty damn loud and it's not even the atak. Kinda makes me rethink the whole muffler deletes. If those r that loud deletes must b ungodly. Will probably wake the damn dead

it's only about 8-10 5.0's in baton rouge so I dnt get to hear exhaust that often to compare sounds

I hear ya man. I thought the roush axle back wasn't all that loud via youtube but I recently heard it in person and it sounds sick.

dynasty_365

Established Member
lol I still need to take you for a ride so you can hear them better. I can't wait to hear the difference long tubes and o/r x will make. I told you that you'd like the hushpower with o/r x lol. Another thing I saw someone do that you will probably like is o/r x, over axle pipes, and flowmaster 40 series mufflers. I have the original flowmaster 40s on my v6 truck and they make it sounds nasty so I can only imagine how the 5.0 would sound in person with them.

yea i had the 40 series on my 04 gt and they sounded beastly. got so many compliments on that exhaust. i didnt even know u could fit those on the new stang. ill have to check them out

scotmach

Established Member
This setup sounds damn good. I might have to change mine to this in the Spring.
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riG0vikT0eE"]2011 Mustang TRUE flyby - YouTube[/nomedia]

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
The gt500 with stock h pipe is a little quiet IMO. I mean if has a good Rome but a little quiet for my taste. The borla catback is fkn ridiculous in person. You'll definately hear that person cing before u even see them. Supposedly the pypes r like a louder version of the borlas. I'm very interested in the pypes system. Plus for what they cost if u dnt like them u haven't wasted a shitload of money ya know

The GT500's with resonators deleted is a great sound. The biggest problem with youtube is that a lot of guys are uploading vids with smart phones which I feel distort the sound.

kingnut

Established Member
Yup everyone has there own thing for what sounds good. For me I like a deep aggressive loud tone. Dnt like rasp or popping at all

qft

why do you say that?

the stock cats are good for like 600 WHP until they actually start to rob the car of any significant power. im just not one to buy a brand new 2012 GT to make it sound like a 93 5.0.

chuckstang

Established Member
The GT500's with resonators deleted is a great sound. The biggest problem with youtube is that a lot of guys are uploading vids with smart phones which I feel distort the sound.

do the new gt500s come with resonators like ours from the factory?

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
If you want deep, get the MACs. However, be warned. If you have the resonators removed they will drone....massively. I wish they did not, because I liked them. However, I removed them and put the GT500s back on.

Here they are:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVt-4Mw3obM&list=UUECPEzGAKEB4O9G3T-ImoFA&feature=plcp"]2012 Mustang GT with MAC Axle Back, Pypes X-pipe, warm start and rev. - YouTube[/nomedia]

Users who are viewing this thread