Exhaust setup Question

03ChvyEtr

New guy
Established Member
I currently have a 03 with a built motor and a 2.8h KB pushing about 800rwhp. I have kooks LTs and kooks O/R x with borla stingers. I really was wondering since the kooks lts and X are 3inch in dia. and the stingers are 2.5in in dia. will changing the stingers to a 3inc make a difference
Ryan

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
thats what I was thinking lol!! But its so hard to give up the Stingers... What system would you recommend with my exhaust im very anal

Well you can still get some borla mufflers.. I had XR1's on my car that were 3'' inlet and outlet.. They sounded like shit dumped but with a full catback they will sound amazing very similiar to stinger.. What I would do is find a 3'' catback for a IRS car and weld in the XR1's.. It'll sound awesome. But you are limited to which catback to get.. I think bassani and MAC make IRS catbacks in 3''.. Maybe another company out there but I'm not 100% sure.. Your best bet would be that, or take it to a good muffler shop and have them custom build you a 3'' catback out of SS and weld in the mufflers. :beer:

03ChvyEtr

New guy
Established Member
I really appreciate the advice I will def look into that, Its just very hard to change something that works and sounds great!! Thanks for the help
Ryan

Users who are viewing this thread