Exhaust Setup

96CobraVert

Established Member
Is anyone running a Magnaflow X-Pipe and Magnaflow cat-back? If so how is the sound? I have a 96 Cobra and i'm thinking about getting a magnaflow x-pipe with no cats and either a MagnaFlow or MagnaPack cat-back. Stock headers. Thoughts?

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
> If so how is the sound?

Drones at partial throttle, raspy at WOT. Not as intrusive as the full Bassani setup. Not as deep or as throaty as a Dr. Gas/Spin Tech setup.

> Thoughts?

Go for it =>) !

cobraondarun

Established Member
either way u go what will make the difference is wether u have ur cats or not. no cats=one awesome sounding sound (plus funny smell and a check engine light) LoL

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
I may opt to go with an offroad crossover. Dented the passenger side cat pipe and converter going over a speed bump. Might as well try something new...

mysticsvtcobra

Established Member
96Cobravert, I have a 96 Cobra that I installed a BBK High Flow X with the Magna Flow cat back, the sound is fantastic, caution though if you install this system you will immediately notice what seems to be a slower car, I pulled the negative cable from the battery and let it sit for 2 hours, then reinstall the cable and start the car and let it idle for 10min. It made a huge difference in performance. Hope this might help you..

03CobraRed

Established Member
I had a Sean Hyland O/R H pipe on my car with Magnaflow Cat back and I hated the sound of it, it droned it was annoyingly loud, too raspy for me and every time I hit 2nd or 3rd it backfired. I took all that crap off and got Bassani X pipe and Cat Back and it sounded amazing trust me its worth the extra money if you want incredible sound and much better hp. Thats just my own opinion, I dont know if that sounds what your looking for but I loved it and I wish I had the same sound on my 03!

Users who are viewing this thread