Exhaust Tips

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
I was wondering if there was any safe thing to use to clean my exhaust tips? They already have rust on them and I havent even had them for a month yet. I dont have the stainless steel, which I am kicking myself right now. I have Flowmaster American Thunder CB :read:

Burnt Rice

Established Member
If there chrome a steel wool pad will work perfect.When you buy them it might be a variety pack,so look for the one that is really fine. :coolman:

XCELR8

I love my 4V
Established Member
depending on how dirty they are, you could use either SOS pads (for really dirty) or the Eagle One "cotton" chrome polish.

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
you're going to spend so much time trying to keep those clean if theyre not stainless steel. You should look around and find the tips you really like in chrome or stainless steel.

one50npump

Car Wash King
I've used several of the wheel cleaner sprays with good results.. I own a self serve car wash and people leave me half full bottles all the time.. I save em for my exhaust tips.

BLACKVNM

Established Member
I have stainless steel pipes and if you spray windex on them and let it sit for just a sec, use a towel and it cleans perfect.

scottq60

BLACKVNM -

Just noticed your statement under your car's pic -

"spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know"

Man...AIN'T THAT THE TRUTH!!!

What is it about us car nuts that makes us do it??? If we could figure it out and find a cure...we could save TONS of money...couldn't we!

BTW...NICE Cobra!

Scott

LSWHAT??

Never Dull!!!!! You can get at Wal-Mart, AutoZone, Advanced Auto.........anywhere. It comes in a stainless steel looking can, and it works better than anything I have ever used. It is a wadding polish, you pull off a piece and apply it, after it hazes you remove it with a clean cloth. It will remove carbon, rust etc. I love the stuff just be sure to wear some nitrile gloves or wash your hands afterwards to avoid drying them out.

BLACKVNM

Established Member
greensnake97 said:
BLACKVNM -

Just noticed your statement under your car's pic -

"spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know"

Man...AIN'T THAT THE TRUTH!!!

What is it about us car nuts that makes us do it??? If we could figure it out and find a cure...we could save TONS of money...couldn't we!

BTW...NICE Cobra!

Scott

haha I appreciate it. Its just one of those things that sounds stupid but is true..its just that addiction we got I guess! :-D If it weren't true though, we wouldn't have this board and there wouldn't really be any such thing as a car 'enthusiast.'

scottq60

TheAntiRice96 said:
Never Dull!!!!! You can get at Wal-Mart, AutoZone, Advanced Auto.........anywhere. It comes in a stainless steel looking can, and it works better than anything I have ever used. It is a wadding polish, you pull off a piece and apply it, after it hazes you remove it with a clean cloth. It will remove carbon, rust etc. I love the stuff just be sure to wear some nitrile gloves or wash your hands afterwards to avoid drying them out.

AMEN!!! I've used "Never Dull" for YEARS and think it's GREAT!!!
Works fantastic on any metal surface - stainless, chrome, polished wheels, etc.

Scott

UA-135A

Established Member
NeverDull
BlueMagic

Try either or both of those. They should clean it up. Absolutely great. Then get PoorBoy's Wheel Sealant and that should help prevent more rust and wear. Although, I don't know if exhaust system heat will do anything to the Wheel Sealant.

Users who are viewing this thread