Exhaust too loud, options?

norrin302

Established Member
I just picked up my first GT500, an 07 with 25k on the clock. Drove it up from Jacksonville last night. It has Bassani long tubes, Bassani catted midpipe, and Bassani aftcat. The 10 hours home from Florida were fine, just kicked up the radio. But when I got it home, the wife was not too happy with the sound. I admit, it's loud, but it's a good loud! :lol: She didn't see it that way. :mj: So my question is, what's my cheapest/easiest way to quiet this beast down a bit so I can appease the wife? She did agree to get a GT500, after all. Gotta compromise somewhere. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

jenkins_1120

Established Member
pick up a set of stock mufflers that would probly be your best bet or just toss her a set of ear plugs and tell her its a racecar and racecars need to be loud

enormous

Established Member
Stock mufflers or add two 18" resonators by Dynomax. Cost me $200 installed for two in SS.

DSCN2669_zps7799fdd9.jpg

norrin302

Established Member
I'd rather not cut if I don't have to. Plus, mufflers I can do myself. You think just swapping to the stock mufflers will bring the sound down enough? Is there that much of a difference between the Bassani's and stock?

NC85

Lurker for Life
Established Member
Divorce........or stock mufflers........one is cheaper now, but will cost you in the long run

norrin302

Established Member
Apple pie, baseball, 'merca, yaada yaada... At the end of the day I need her to afford the payments, so I gotta have her on my side.

Can anyone tell me what size adapter/reducer I would need to go from the 3" mid pipe to the 2.5" stock mufflers? I'm horrible at that stuff...

Last edited:

Cdroundy

Established Member
I have JBA axle back and it is just quiet enough to keep the wife off my back. That would be another option.

Users who are viewing this thread