Exhaust/tune 15 GT vs auto cobra jet intake 12 GT

KushBandit

Established Member
Correct me if I am wrong, but I think only the '13 and '14 coyotes had the select shift feature. The car OP is referring to is a '12.

You're correct, but we still have 1,2,3 and D to put it in. 3rd would be just fine at 40mph.

Nice races OP, do you know who tuned his car? I'm honestly surprised he didn't put a bus length on you. Thats the usual gap I put on bolt-on/tune S550s. I could understand why if he's not spinning it to 7750rpm or if he's tuned by Bama lol.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
You're correct, but we still have 1,2,3 and D to put it in. 3rd would be just fine at 40mph.

Nice races OP, do you know who tuned his car? I'm honestly surprised he didn't put a bus length on you. Thats the usual gap I put on bolt-on/tune S550s. I could understand why if he's not spinning it to 7750rpm or if he's tuned by Bama lol.

He is tuned by a local guy that's pretty good. But he needs to go back to him and finalize the tune. That car has been a best of 11.5@117. I never really paid much attention to what CJ cars made since I was one of those TVS guys lol.

clc44

Established Member
He is tuned by a local guy that's pretty good. But he needs to go back to him and finalize the tune. That car has been a best of 11.5@117. I never really paid much attention to what CJ cars made since I was one of those TVS guys lol.

Properly set up cj car on the street, auto w/stall and good tire could pull victory to the tvs in an 1/8 mile run lol.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Not all CJ cars are he same. Some run high 12's, low 12's and mid-high 11's. Then some that know how to drive run faster. 01Bluesnake/Dmarkperformance went 11.0's @121-123 in a CJ car on E85, suspension, tires and good weather. He had stock headers which are huge gains on these cars. Auto02 has a 5.0 that is running 11.4 with a converter, mid-pipe, intake, tune, suspension and weight reduction in mineshaft air. Not sure on manifold.

Few others have gone 10's with severe weight reduction and have trapped as high as 125. Enough to beat a bolt-on 15+ and even make a TVS 5.0 blush if you ask me :)

SILV03MustangGT

Established Member
Not all CJ cars are he same. Some run high 12's, low 12's and mid-high 11's. Then some that know how to drive run faster. 01Bluesnake/Dmarkperformance went 11.0's @121-123 in a CJ car on E85, suspension, tires and good weather. He had stock headers which are huge gains on these cars. Auto02 has a 5.0 that is running 11.4 with a converter, mid-pipe, intake, tune, suspension and weight reduction in mineshaft air. Not sure on manifold.

Few others have gone 10's with severe weight reduction and have trapped as high as 125. Enough to beat a bolt-on 15+ and even make a TVS 5.0 blush if you ask me :)

My TVS car consistently trapped 134. 125 wouldn't be enough to make me blush lol

SILV03MustangGT

Established Member
But I remember shaun@AED running high 10s in a stock air box, stock intake manifold car with some weight reduction as well.

clc44

Established Member

Trapping 135 is great and all but if the et is 11.3, losing is still very possible to a cj car properly set up, not saying you run that slow. There are power that just throw a lot of power at it and don't now how to run good times.

SILV03MustangGT

Established Member
Trapping 135 is great and all but if the et is 11.3, losing is still very possible to a cj car properly set up, not saying you run that slow. There are power that just throw a lot of power at it and don't now how to run good times.

10.7s should've been more than adequate. If I had kept that car I would've more than likely got some Viking adj rears. The bilstiens I had on the car were more street than strip.

KushBandit

Established Member

Ahhhh, I see. Honestly, Shaun Perry, Mike Rousch and Jon Lund are the ones tuning the faster CJ cars. 117mph is stupid slow for a Cobra Jet setup. As Grabber said, they're not all created equally.

Nothing a 135mph car wouldn't laugh at though, a 135mph car will freight train a 125mph car on the street lol. ET doesn't mean jack during a 40mph roll race. 60' is a major factor in ET, which only matters during a dig race.

OP, any plans to throw a blower on your S550? I bet it's hard to be NA once you've been boosted lol.

Last edited:

clc44

Established Member
I understand that, but if I was racing a car with 200 more wheel hp I'd only race from a dig. At least make it not laughable.

SILV03MustangGT

Established Member
Ahhhh, I see. Honestly, Shaun Perry, Mike Rousch and Jon Lund are the ones tuning the faster CJ cars. 117mph is stupid slow for a Cobra Jet setup. As Grabber said, they're not all created equally.

Nothing a 135mph car wouldn't laugh at though, a 135mph car will freight train a 125mph car on the street lol. ET doesn't mean jack during a 40mph roll race. 60' is a major factor in ET, which only matters during a dig race.

OP, any plans to throw a blower on your S550? I bet it's hard to be NA once you've been boosted lol.

Yea I'm just trying to decide between whipple and Paxton. The whipple kit is badass but the Paxton cars run pretty good as well. I miss the power for sure but I love the 15 interior and looks that it doesn't bother me too bad. The itch is starting to grow though lol.

Here's a dig race in the old car that someone tried to use the less horsepower 1/8th dig on lol

[youtube_browser]RcX3qs5ZQuM[/youtube_browser]

Users who are viewing this thread