Exhaust without the noise

Borderline

Established Member
Is it feasible to decrease back pressure without making the truck tremendously loud? I was thinking long tube headers and cats with all else stock. Is there a significant hp/tq gain or do you need full exhaust to see new #'s?

Slider

aka=Brad
Established Member
Switching the exhaust will not give you that much hp/tq.
The stock system is very efficient. The only time you will see gain when changing out the exhaust is if you have a built motor. So in other words, dont waste your money on long tube header.

Mo Boost

Sunshine on the Darkside
Established Member
The stock exhaust on the Lightning is good AS IS, as far as exhaust flow is concerned....back pressure is minimal.

The headers, catback, and exhaust do very little for extended performance because the motor is supercharged already. The exhaust note & noise varies with the choice of manufacturer...the choice is up to you.

The best performance mods to make on a newer Lightning would be a more efficient supercharger, upper/lower pulleys, cold air intake w/filter, Accufab throttle body, and chip with tune...and the factory tech valve body to change trans shift points.

These are guaranteed performance mods, some cheaper than others.

Go to http://www.kennebell.net and read their article on comparing the M112 Eaton blower to their comparable twin-screw blower. These guys have it going on, and exhaust would be one of the last things I'd mess with performance-wise....only because I happen to like a quiet exhaust note....
...if everyone else notices you, so do the cops.

Think about it.:)

Users who are viewing this thread