Exhaust

Poseidon

You want some?
Established Member
What would do you guys think for an exhaust system on a brand new 03 GT??? :coolman: I think one of the first things I want to do is change the exhaust out, of course, if you know of something better to do... by all means let me know. I was looking at Flomaster, but I've only seen that on my friends 69 Mustang Grande... What do you guys recommend for that. :shrug:

SVTnv

The original Dr. Evil
Established Member
flows sound very nice and strong. but not too loud, sounds like a mother in high rpm and climbing. couple that with a high-quality h-pipe and you'll get an ever throatier sound. got that setup on my '94 GT and it sounds mean. if you're getting flows, get the 40 series (2 chamber).

Tommy303

Established Member
I'm a big fan of the cheapo, straight piped exhaust. On the '99 and up cars, it sounds AWESOME!

If you need mufflers, then try either Magnaflows or Borla. Heck, Flowmasters, Bassani, etc. are all good. It just depends on how you want the car to sound.

Check www.stangnet.com or www.corral.net.

jrh99

Established Member
Impossible to say.
You may not want to hear this considering summer's a long ways off but... the best thing to do is go to a stang meet and listen to all the different setups.
One things for sure, you've got to get something.

Grim's Reaper

NEXT.....................
Established Member
I have added a Bassani X pipe and flowmaster 2 chamber exhaust.....love the sound and that combo has really opened up the top end.
Just my $0.02 :thumbsup:

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
> What would do you guys think for an exhaust system on a brand new 03 GT???

Assuming a potential of 500 RWHP, a pair of 2.5" Spin Tech Sportsman Streets with 2.5" Dr. Gas crossovers and 3" SS tips. Toss in Ford Motorsport ceramic headers. Add a pair of high-flow Carsound or Catco cats to boot. Assuming a potential of 600 RWHP, a pair of 3" Spin Tech Sportsman Streets with 3" Dr. Gas crossovers and 3.5" SS tips. Toss in Ford Motorsport ceramic headers. Add a pair of high-flow Carsound or Catco cats to boot. The Spin Techs sound off like Flowmasters, but with more cackle.

If you are just thinking cat-back, consider whether you want a traditional cut-weld (Flowmaster, DynoMax) or bolt-on (Bassani, MagnaFlow) application. I favor the Borla and MagnaFlow bolt-ons.

> if you know of something better to do

Sure do. Suspension, suspension, suspension. GT tail comes out too easily. Subframe connectors, Torque-arm, Panhard Bar, Springs, Camber Kit, Shocks. More or less in that order. Maximum Motorsports or Griggs.

Last edited:

98WhiteStang

Established Member
My friend has a 2002 Roush and his dad has a 03 Cobra, which they both have a Bassani X-Pipe, with Spintech Mufflers, which sounds BAD, it is Deep, Throaty, and Loud. I highly recomend it.

98WhiteStang

Established Member
Oh, BTW. My friend that has an 35th Anniversary SS, knows a guy with a GT that put Flows on it, and he said the Flows took away horsepower, and i've heard Flows on Mustang, i honesty didnt like the sound to much, it was too high pitched, not deep or throaty enough for me, i love the sound of a deep throaty V8.

SVTnv

The original Dr. Evil
Established Member
flows took away hp??? they gave my GT a great strong sound and opened up the air flow a bit IMO. to each his own though

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
if you are doing the whole exhaust do long tubes put them on my 89 and the torque was emence after(i have a full mac front to back)

Grim's Reaper

NEXT.....................
Established Member
Originally posted by 98WhiteStang
Oh, BTW. My friend that has an 35th Anniversary SS, knows a guy with a GT that put Flows on it, and he said the Flows took away horsepower, and i've heard Flows on Mustang, i honesty didnt like the sound to much, it was too high pitched, not deep or throaty enough for me, i love the sound of a deep throaty V8.
:??: :eek: :dw: ...took away hp??, not here....as far as the "high pitch".....never noticed it, as a matter of fact it is very throaty around 2000 rpm when the flowmaster DROAN comes roaring out.

SVTnv

The original Dr. Evil
Established Member
beautiful aint it?

sure everyone has flows, but to me the sound is just a classic throaty V8 sound. and roll slowly past the GM boys around 2K rpm and they'll give a long hard look. can't beat it, and can't wait to get the flows on my Cobra.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
> ...roll slowly past the GM boys around 2K rpm and they'll give a long hard look.

Flows are the classic choice...

Users who are viewing this thread