Exhaust

flashlight

Established Member
Fist thing my exhaust is stock. I dont want it to be loud. And I dont really want headers. Just dont think I need them for what Im looking for. What I want to know is can I just remove the cats or do the aftermarket mids really help that much? Not really looking for the cheap way out. Just dont want to spend that much money if I dont have to. If I do get mids. Where can I get them for stock manifolds? Thanks for any info.

Jtaubesvt

Established Member
i got a mint borla if your interested needed something louder the borla is rather quiet to me.. let me know 250

flashlight

Established Member
I dnt want a cat back. For something about stock like mine you dont get anykind of power gain and I like the way it sounds stock. I'd rather hear the blower whine than the exhaust. Im just looking for more power.

ZZZZAP

Striking twice
Established Member
What mods do u have so far? Exhaust isn't going to add much in the way of power. But if I were you i'd get some catted midpipes. The cats will flow a helluva lot more than stock and give u a lil power too.

flashlight

Established Member
What mods do u have so far? Exhaust isn't going to add much in the way of power. But if I were you i'd get some catted midpipes. The cats will flow a helluva lot more than stock and give u a lil power too.

All I have is a 4# lower (just ordered a 6#) and a JDM cold air intake. Of course a tune. the tune is for a 6#. It runs 8.3 1/8 mile like it is. I had what I was told was a 5# lower and it ran a 8.13.

Blower mods will net you more power then exhaust mods.

Ive been told the same thing on another site. Thinking about a ported blower. I got this idea reading the (read here before posting) section that fade to black wrote. It stated you would see the most power gains on the mids for the exhaust. From a stock or slightly moded stand point.

Users who are viewing this thread