Exhaust?

98obra

Established Member
My girlfriend’s friend wants to now what to do with a 02GT to make it rumble. She just broke up with her boyfriend and he says she can’t make the car loud unless she’s with him :dw: . So today at work she asked me. She only wants one thing at a time
(H-Pipe,Mufflers). So guys what would sound better stock H-Pipe and new mufflers or stock mufflers and new H-Pipe and what kind? I now its not a cobra but i really want her to show this guy up he's an a**hole!!!! :kaboom: Thank's for the help.:burnout:

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Mufflers will make it sound different immediately but an aftermarket combo of a new mid-pipe and catback will be the biggest difference.

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
First go mufflers or cat-back, then midpipe if you want immediate sound.

BCM0018

Established Member
I don't know which to get first but for about $400 you can get an off road x-pipe and a set of flowmaster 40's. People will definitly hear you coming before they see you.

MatchStick

Master of the drunken pee
Established Member
I'd go with the mufflers first as well. Stock mufflers with a h/x pipe sound like ass IMO.

Wylde Horses

4.56 gear advocate
Established Member
For a loud exhaust, she should first get a Flowmaster catback/mufflers. Then, if she can get away without enviro testing, get an offroad H-pipe. The general consensus (sp?) is that H-pipes sound better by far with chambered mufflers, though I can't say for sure as I went with an X-pipe and flow-through mufflers. If she wants a little more of a rumble, plus a little more power, then she can change the camshafts to something a touch more aggressive, nothing too crazy though or else she will loose too much low-end.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Get her some 1 chambers, an offroad pipe, and some shorty headers. He'll hear her for miles...:p

For a while I ran an offroad X with the stock mufflers. Take it from me, do the mufflers first. It doesn't sound horrible with the stock mufflers, but it isn't great sounding either.

Last edited:

BLACKVNM

Established Member
the o/r H + flowmasters is a sweeeet sound...I would say that an o/r pipe might make the biggest difference sound wise, because the cats quiet the car down A LOT(but if you get an o/r pipe, you also need to get MIL eliminators too<---just somethin to think about). Either one will work, just depends on her money situation.

03SvtSonicCobra

I got the Sonic Blues.
Established Member
Just get an american thunder system from flowmaster and leave the stock h-pipe for now he will hear her coming..

Wylde Horses

4.56 gear advocate
Established Member
Originally posted by Tabres
Get her some 1 chambers, an offroad pipe, and some shorty headers. He'll hear her for miles...:p

Heh, even better: Long tubes, shorty H-pipe, and american thunder catback. That should increase the volume some... :burnout:

RyClef331

Established Member
damn doesn't anyone here reccomend something other than flows?

If you don't wanna sound like everyone else (granted...I do have flows but they're going out the door when i get home)...spintech pro streets...sweet growl. If she wants to get crazy loud (esp. when combined with an off road pipe) get an SLP Loudmouth set up...they aren't mufflers...they're resonators and really loud.

1QWIK4.6

Established Member
My buddy just put the new SLP loud mouth cat-back on his '03 GT and it sounds sweet.I also recommend the Dynomax ultra flow welded for a loud set-up.By the way post a pic of your newly single friend for us.(Only if she's hot that is).

Users who are viewing this thread