Expansion Tank Leaking

MinGry03

SVT Guy
Established Member
I purchased a PFAB radiator coolant expansion tank for my 03 cobra about 1 1/2 years ago. For anyone who knows about these tanks, these tanks use the stock radiator coolant expansion tank cap. Now the problem I have is that the coolant tank seems to purge itself of pressure every now and again. ( This has been going on since I put the tank on. ) When it does so, the car is not overheating and the temperature is right in the normal area of the gauge.

I have purged the car twice by elevating the drivers side and refilling the system via the crossover tube. I have been told by "other sources" to replace the cap. It seems that the new replacement cap from Ford does not fit the threads of the tank. I mentioned this to the "other sources" and was told that my threads may have been ruined by the person who polished the tank. If the threads were ruined, why does the stock cap fit? But the "other sources" said the replacement cap fits on the ones they have.

I am running out of ideas on how to solve the problem. Does anyone have any ideas?

IMG_0898.jpg

IMG00025-20091129-1539.jpg

IMG00026-20091129-1540.jpg

DirtyD916

SVT Based God
Established Member
Sucks man and its real shame that some companies choose not to stand by their products and customers. I would say worst come to worst find a fabricator who can weld on a new threaded top if possible and buy a new cap that will fit that thread size. Good luck man...

EDIT: I saw the vendors response in road side and it seems that they are attempting resolve the issue!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread