Expedition Seat and Console Options

Ginther

Established Member
Question:

Is the Duplicolor HVP-109 and HVP-111 an exact match for the factory plastic on the door panels and dash?

I bought some stuff from an upholstery supply place, I think it's called ColorBond, and it's close, but not exact. I also bought a can of paint from SEM I think, and it's not exact either.

The colors on the sample sheet looked dead on, but the test parts I sprayed last night....... not so much. :??:

I want an exact match, but this trial and error is getting expensive. Those cans from the upholstery shop were about $12 each and so far only one is going to be "close enough" to use. :(

Ginther

Established Member
I got my seat bottom back from the upholstery shop yesterday. I re-assembled the seat last night and set everything in the truck to see how it's coming together.

I'm happy with the seat, but the console isn't done yet. The dark gray paint isn't dark enough. I might try to find a darker shade. And I still need to re-cover the lid.

I'm also building a sub enclosure to go behind the seat. I wasn't happy with the MTX Thunderform, so I decided to build a custom box.

It will hold two 12" subs and have in integrated amp rack below the back window.

Here's a couple pics..... more to come as I make progress.

20546a608efc97d8.jpg

20546a60cfea8465.jpg

bda1855

Member of the Boosted16
Established Member
Dusten said:
you assjockey's are going to force me to spend more money....

Too Late!

i already start shopping for new amps, new speakers and the parts to do this swap...

DAMN YOU ALL!

Dusten

Established Member
Ginther said:
Ooops. Double post.
whats your phone number? So when my wifey type person starts screaming, i can just dial your number and hand her the phone

Ginther

Established Member
Dusten said:
whats your phone number? So when my wifey type person starts screaming, i can just dial your number and hand her the phone

1-800-YES-DEAR

1-800-IMSORRY

If those dont work.......

1-800-FLOWERS .............. usually keeps the women folks happy for a while. LOL!! :thumbsup:

nathank

Established Member
Ginther, that box looks really good... I am anxious to see it in the truck!

What did it cost to get the seat bottom upholstered?

svt5.4

SALLY NUTS RACING
Established Member
How did he know how much to cut if you assembled everything. Did he have the pan and not put it on to see if it would fit??

Ginther

Established Member
nathank said:
Ginther, that box looks really good... I am anxious to see it in the truck!

What did it cost to get the seat bottom upholstered?

Thanks!

I found a local shop to cut the fabric/foam down and re-sew it for $85.

Ginther

Established Member
svt5.4 said:
How did he know how much to cut if you assembled everything. Did he have the pan and not put it on to see if it would fit??

Yes, I sent the pan with the seat bottom foam and fabric. The factory bench foam already has a line molded in to it that lines up perfectly where you'd cut it down to make a bucket seat size foam pad. So it wasn't too hard for him to figure out.

Users who are viewing this thread