Experience w/ MRT H-pipe exhaust?

Auto

Established Member
Just like the title says, does anyone have any experience with MRT's catted h-pipe or any other of their exhaust products? My 01 cobra is stock, except for a bassani cat-back. I love the way my car sounds, but was hoping this would beef it up a bit. I'm looking for any info, on fitment, sound, if it hangs lower than the stock 6-cat choke pipe I have on mine lol. Going with the cats, seeing as how I live in CA and well .. enough said.

Thanks for any input guys.

dsg_mach1

Established Member
We have the full-length MRT catted H pipe on our Mach1 and I'd recommend it. Fit is good, the only minor issue we had initially was getting the cross H pipe tightened down enough. Ended up really cranking down on the clamp and it's held fine for almost a year. It's been so long since we had the stock midpipe on that I don't remember exactly how low that was but we have no problem with scraping with our stock suspension. We had a Magnaflow catted X on it before and the MRT seems to hang at about the same height as that one did. It gives a nice deep tone.

Here are a couple of videos with the SSS Adrenaline cat-back, similar to Borla Stingers.
YouTube - 2003greyMach's Channel
YouTube - 2003greyMach's Channel

BlueVenom01

Established Member
Last edited:

JStyles

Established Member
I have the MRT max thunder catback. I had some fitment issues with it. The driver side pipe initially hit my axle and needed to be bent. The passenger side pipe currently hits my sway bar - with stock suspiension. It sounds okay, not as loud as I would want. All in all, with the great feedback I had heard about their products, I was pretty disappointed with the fitment issues I have had.

I want to go with a mrt catted H, but I'm fearful I'll have similar issues as I had with the catback.

Too bad they basically have a monopoly on the catted h-pipe market for new edges...

Last edited:

Predatorbird

Established Member
I've heard good things about their catted H. They are pretty expensive from what I remember.

Satin03

Established Member
I have the o/r MRT h-pipe and I love it. I was debating between the catted and o/r pipe for a while and ultimately ended up with the o/r because I've read too many stories where people are blowing their cats out on the MRT catted pipes. Now I will say that I thought about switching to the catted pipe because this pipe is pretty loud but I think if I do I will just pick up some Bassani bullet style cats and weld them in.

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
I have an MRT catted H on my '04. The sound is fantastic. Same tone as stock, just louder.

The fitment is ok. I had to remove the cat shields because the spot welds kept coming loose and rattling. Rewelding didn't help. It also develops an exhaust leak at the driver side manifold (stock) every few months. No big deal, I just have to get the car on ramps, hit it with some PB Blaster and tighten.

Users who are viewing this thread