Expidition Diesel... Where it at?

Lawfficer

Just a dude with a car
Established Member
So I have heard talk of Ford dropping a smaller diesel into the F150 and Expedition however, no one seems to have a real time frame for this. Originally, Edmunds and CarAndDriver said the most likely model year to get it would be the 2010. Well, 2010's are right around the corner and I can't find anything on them. Does anyone out there have info on this and know when this will become a reality?

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
The 4.4L light duty diesel for the f-150 has been shelved INDEFINATELY. With diesel prices skyrocketing over the last 2 years and all the added cost to meet the 2010 emissions cert is was decided that it would not have any cost benefit over a gasser despite the fuel mileage.:read:

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
Interesting to hear that. There was a discussion on one of the F150 forums wondering where the diesel was at.

Fenah

Crazy Greek Man
Established Member
I wish America got more diesels.

Unfortunately eco freak America will probably have more hybrids then diesels even though diesel would be more efficient. which sucks =/.

Last edited:

Lawfficer

Just a dude with a car
Established Member
Do you have any articles or anything to support that?? I keep hearing it's coming. This sucks!

NIT2WN

torque junky
Established Member
The only diesel suv's that I know of is a Mercedes M-Class or the GL they both v6/v8 diesels. I'm not sure if the v8 is offered here in the M-Class though. We been making a ton of the v6 diesels with the Bluetec urea system. I know Porche is scheduled to offer their suv with a diesel along with VW. I also believe BMW is offering one or about to.

Sarge_13

Established Member
The only diesel suv's that I know of is a Mercedes M-Class or the GL they both v6/v8 diesels. I'm not sure if the v8 is offered here in the M-Class though. We been making a ton of the v6 diesels with the Bluetec urea system. I know Porche is scheduled to offer their suv with a diesel along with VW. I also believe BMW is offering one or about to.

The VW Toureg also comes in a diesel and has for years.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
With diesel prices skyrocketing over the last 2 years and all the added cost to meet the 2010 emissions cert is was decided that it would not have any cost benefit over a gasser despite the fuel mileage.:read:

Diesel is about the same price as 87.
Diesel is the way to go, and if you only have a vehicle for a few years, you are correct in that you probably won't break even with the additional cost for the diesel. However, if you keep a vehicle for a longer period of time you will. There are more added benefits to diesels than just the fuel mileage. I love my little oil burner and in my opinion absolutely kills the gas version of the Liberty.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator

The Grand Cherokee had the 3.0L Bluetec diesel in it in I believe 07/08. The Liberty also came with a 2.8L diesel in 05/06.

IMO, American car makers could have saved tons of money by selling more diesel vehicles in the states vice hybrids. Look at the TDIs.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
The Grand Cherokee had the 3.0L Bluetec diesel in it in I believe 07/08. The Liberty also came with a 2.8L diesel in 05/06.

IMO, American car makers could have saved tons of money by selling more diesel vehicles in the states vice hybrids. Look at the TDIs.

If you notice, that's what MB, BMW, VW, and Audi are all starting to do that here now. I've been noticing a lot of German automaker's diesel commercials in the last few weeks.

ModularFan

Established Member
If you notice, that's what MB, BMW, VW, and Audi are all starting to do that here now. I've been noticing a lot of German automaker's diesel commercials in the last few weeks.

VW and MB have been in the Diesel Game for a while.

ModularFan

Established Member
Yep, but they are pushing it much more prominently now and expanding their lines.

Yea, Mercedes has been in it since the 80's if I am not mistaken. and VW since the late 70's did you know Adolf Hitler was a founder of VW

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread