Explorer Overhead Console Install Done **pics**

FoxRodStang

Established Member
After a year of having it sitting on the shelf, I finally got around to installing my overhead console from a explorer. The install was fairly easy. Mounting the bracket securely wasn't the easiest & took a little creativity, but, it's solid. The other tricky part was trimming the housing to match the mustang's roof line. The explorer's is very curvy & the mustang's only has about 2 angles.

Oh fwiw, the temperature is incorrect because it wasn't calibrated when I took the pics.

Matt

Punisher302

Established Member
nice job.

wonder what one would look like in a 94-04. i saw some for sale that were already modded to fit into one on some site. gotta dig that link up.

FoxRodStang

Established Member
thanks ya'll.

Punisher302 said:
nice job.

wonder what one would look like in a 94-04. i saw some for sale that were already modded to fit into one on some site. gotta dig that link up.

I think it would probably look even better in a sn95 because the interior's lines are a bit smoother than the hard edges in a fox.

fuelonempty

حمدالله على نعمة العقل...
Established Member
I can see the console working for a fox, but on newer models the roofline is so low that I cant see the console not making the interior of the car look cluttered and crammed.

Users who are viewing this thread