Explorer sport trac vs. Mercury Mountaineer

• Explorer Sport Trac

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Mercury Mountaineer

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SvtCobra581

Was thinking about either getting a 4x4 explorer sport trac or a awd mercury mountaineer. Would like to get some opinions on both. Either one will be my daily driver, probably do a few mods, and take it offroading a little. Thanks guys

Last edited by a moderator:

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
Depends on year as Roush said, and since you mentioned AWD, if it's an 01 or older it has to be a V8, while older sport tracs were V6s.

SlammedSVT

Who's ya Daddy?
Established Member
Both are usally junk, not all. I work for a dealership and we have problems out of them all the time. But if you really want one. SportTrac can kinda be a truck, but if you have kids then you might like the 3rd role of the Mountaineer.

2814v

Established Member
My daily driver is a 03 fully loaded sport trac, 4x4, leather, sunroof, heated seats, 300 watt 6-disc sound system, side curtain airbags,fog lights, temp and compass, bed extender and two way opening bed cover. I have added front and rear bumper guards, window air deflectors and a bug shield. The only problem in 52000 miles was a bad gas cap that throw a code, replaced the cap and all is good. Evan the original goodyear tires still have 50% tread life left.They got a make over in 05, bigger in and out, much nicer interior, better suspension and you can get that v-8.
Its a handy little truck if you need to move people aka. kids and alittle bit of stuff. Plus with the rubber floor you dont have to worry about your carpet getting trashed.

Users who are viewing this thread