ext warrenty yes/no

skippy32

Established Member
pick up my 04 tomorrow.thier offering a 6/60 ext warr. for 795.i don't plan on going to crazy with mods.dose this sound reasonable?

just ordered magnaflows from complete exhaust 378 with shipping.helps to be a svt member.

StngStr

Mustang-less
Established Member
If you don't plan on getting a pulley and/or tune....it might be worth it. These two mods get the most crap from dealerships.

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
PIXER said:
GET GAP INSTURANCE!!!!!!! Believe me it is SO worth it.
I agree. I paid $100 for my GAP insurance through the Credit Union. No worries now if something happens to it. I would consider the warranty depending on how mod friendly your dealer is.

PIXER

Banned
Chris_H said:
I agree. I paid $100 for my GAP insurance through the Credit Union. No worries now if something happens to it. I would consider the warranty depending on how mod friendly your dealer is.

Oh yeah "story time"

Traded in my '04 SRT-4 in april for an '04 Dodge Dakota Stampede Edition with chrome RT wheels. Of course I was bent over backwards on the srt-4. Got GAP, left dealership heading home, old guy has seizier on highway and nails us. I hit my head and pass out, but GF get bruized up. Long story short, guy has no insurance :nonono: insurance gave me what they said the truck was worth (19.5k) well GAp paid the other $7,000 plus paid the deductable. Yeah GAp is a lifesaver, great idea/invention

BADBOLT2

Established Member
Make sure it's a Ford ESP Premium Care and check the deductibles.
Ford offers 3 different deductibles,4 different "New Car" policies, with or without 1st day rental or Tire Road Hazzard coverage.
Deductibles can change the cost of a service contract by hundreds of dollars!
Many non-Ford Warranties,[credit Union,Ins Co.] although cheaper aren't worth a damn.
Even with Ford's best Plan you still need to be "Mod-Aware" and find a Dealer you can build a relationship with and Trust.
Not tryin' to sell you anything,[although I can get you Fleet Pricing] but if you get some sepcifics I can help you compare.

03cobra#116

Established Member
When I bought my Cobra (nearly 3 years ago), this was an unproven drivetrain. Knowing I was not likely to modify the car, I bought a Ford 7yrs/100k miles for $2000. I hope I never have to use it, but it could happen. My factory 3/36 warranty expires in June.

The real question is whether you plan to modify the car or not. If you do more than exhaust and cold air intake, then you should probably skip the warranty. If not, it might be worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread