Fútbol season!

Slow04Cobra

ROLL TIDE
Established Member
Premier league and Bundesliga are underway while La Liga and Serie A are about to start up, so I figured we could get the 8 or so fans in this thread. Who is your squad and what do you expect from them?

Real Madrid fan here. I'm hopeful for José Mourinho's first year. This could be a big season for Gonzalo Higuaín coming off of a good World Cup and its time for Karim Benzema to break out. I, of course, expect big things for the new #7 and he will have to deliver with his counterpart on the left side being out. It sucks to see Raúl depart and the injury to Kaká will hurt, but I am still very optimistic.

How about you all? I know there is at least one dirty Barça fan here!

Last edited:

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
Chelsea FTW!!!

Didier Drogba is the man!

drogba-arsenal.jpg

Last edited:

canibus

Established Member
Manchester on the premiere and real madrid on La liga.

The tie on Man U was heart breaking, not only did they score at the last minute but manchester had just missed a penalty. Sucks, but it is what it is. I'm a big fan of Berbatov, I really hope he has a great season. Chicharito is coming into the league, although he played for the rival team in mexico, I respect his talents. I'm exited to see how he will turn out, I really hope he becomes a great player and represents our country well.

Real Madrid is alittle shaky, I'm not really sure what to expect from them this season. Barca is going to be flat out nasty this year, so real is going to need a phenomenal team to even compete.

I want to start watching the italian league this year and pick a team. The only team I really know is inter, but eto'o isn't a player I like so I'll most likely pick someone else. I have a couple italian channels, hopefully they'll play some games.

TripleBlack

FIFAchamp
Established Member
Manchester on the premiere and real madrid on La liga.

The tie on Man U was heart breaking, not only did they score at the last minute but manchester had just missed a penalty. Sucks, but it is what it is. I'm a big fan of Berbatov, I really hope he has a great season. Chicharito is coming into the league, although he played for the rival team in mexico, I respect his talents. I'm exited to see how he will turn out, I really hope he becomes a great player and represents our country well.

Real Madrid is alittle shaky, I'm not really sure what to expect from them this season. Barca is going to be flat out nasty this year, so real is going to need a phenomenal team to even compete.

I want to start watching the italian league this year and pick a team. The only team I really know is inter, but eto'o isn't a player I like so I'll most likely pick someone else. I have a couple italian channels, hopefully they'll play some games.

Big fan of Berbaflop!? That guy is ****ing having Chicharito nightmares right now. Have you noticed how that bastard will NOT pass Chicharito the ball? He knows eventually Chicharito WILL be the lone stiker up top with Rooney and Valencia playing on the sides behind him. It's only a matter of time. Chicharito is a pure two footed scorer and excellent poacher to boot. This man will be like Van Nistelrooy in the sense that he will score any where, anytime, any place!

Hopefully good 'ol Fergie will FINALLY put Chicharito and Rooney up top against Westham on Saturday. Berbatov was a huge waste of money and even though we will see an effort out of him (because of #14), Chicharito is ready to start and ready to make a name for himself.

Personally I've liked Arsenal since the Bergkamp/Pires/Henry day's and began to follow Barca when Marquez was picked up about 8 years ago, but if I had to choose one then it's Arsenal all the way! :rockon: They're style of play is by far the 'prettiest' to watch with Barca's a close 2nd.

BUT I like to follow all of the clubs that field Mexican NT players. Arsenal, Man U, Tottenham, Westham, Barca, Deportivo La Coruna, Celtic, PSV, and AZ Alkmaar are teams I keep up with since they have MNT players in their ranks. As you can see I spend all morning on weekends watching futbol, lol. Directv is good to me.

canibus

Established Member
i really do wanna follow a team this season, but i don't wanna pick a cliche one like manchester united

So don't, pick another and run with it.

Big fan of Berbaflop!? That guy is ****ing having Chicharito nightmares right now. Have you noticed how that bastard will NOT pass Chicharito the ball? He knows eventually Chicharito WILL be the lone stiker up top with Rooney and Valencia playing on the sides behind him. It's only a matter of time. Chicharito is a pure two footed scorer and excellent poacher to boot. This man will be like Van Nistelrooy in the sense that he will score any where, anytime, any place!

Hopefully good 'ol Fergie will FINALLY put Chicharito and Rooney up top against Westham on Saturday. Berbatov was a huge waste of money and even though we will see an effort out of him (because of #14), Chicharito is ready to start and ready to make a name for himself.

Personally I've liked Arsenal since the Bergkamp/Pires/Henry day's and began to follow Barca when Marquez was picked up about 8 years ago, but if I had to choose one then it's Arsenal all the way! :rockon: They're style of play is by far the 'prettiest' to watch with Barca's a close 2nd.

BUT I like to follow all of the clubs that field Mexican NT players. Arsenal, Man U, Tottenham, Westham, Barca, Deportivo La Coruna, Celtic, PSV, and AZ Alkmaar are teams I keep up with since they have MNT players in their ranks. As you can see I spend all morning on weekends watching futbol, lol. Directv is good to me.

Berbatov has 28 goals in 2 years. That seems pretty productive to me. I think people gave up on him when rooney got injured and berbatov couldn't carry the team. I honestly don't think that was fair. He's a good player, maybe not what Man U was expecting, but good notheless.

BTW: what's puebla going to do about chelis, have they picked an interim coach yet? Do you play quinielas? We have a local one going. It's at about 500 to the winner. IT's growing weekly though. You should get in on it. It's only 10 bucks per entry.

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
The Gooners will have their hands full this year. Wenger needs to replace Gallas, Silvestri, Senderos and Sol Campbell. The signing of Sevilla defender Sebastien Squillaci and the targeting of Roma's Juan will surely help. If Rosicky, Walcott, Van Persie and Fabregas can stay healthy this year it would be huge.

Mayo5

Established Member
Did you guys see Rafa's goal for the NY red bulls? Nastiest toe ball I've ever seen.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDCC4CHf_0c"]YouTube- Rafa Marquez first goal with New York Red Bulls - 21/08/10 - vs. Toronto FC[/nomedia]

canibus

Established Member
Roberto carlos' toe ball was nastier but that was a great goal nonetheless. Goalie had no chance, that thing curved with an attitude.

Mayo5

Established Member
Roberto carlos' toe ball was nastier but that was a great goal nonetheless. Goalie had no chance, that thing curved with an attitude.

Yeah, I was amazed at the hook it took at the last few seconds. ****ing rocket.

I get made fun of all the time for shooting with toe balls.

Slow04Cobra

ROLL TIDE
Established Member
Mallorca and Madrid in about 40 minutes on Gol TV. Let's get this tournament off on the right foot!

Users who are viewing this thread