F-Cam or keep B-Cam

Novice

Established Member
Im currently running a B-Cam with 1.7 Rocker's. I now have a nice set of TrickFlow 185 Track Heat Heads. Now, I bought a F-Cam and will be running 1.6 Adjustable Roller Rockers for Sure. I could keep the B-Cam or Run the F-cam For the Win. Im having second thoughts on the F-Cam...What do you guys think. 306 H/C/I. Street driving all day everyday.

blownfox

Established Member
I wouldn't put an F cam in it. If anything I would look for a custom cam. You will see good gains just by the heads and it should be a fun DD.

Novice

Established Member
I wouldn't put an F cam in it. If anything I would look for a custom cam. You will see good gains just by the heads and it should be a fun DD.

A custom cam would be great. I'll go that route with a fully built motor for sure. I decided to stick it out with the B-cam. Bolt on is what I'm in favor so I can do the add ons in a days work. I hurd the F- cam loves boost... So will see. Future build will be a 331 with a nice power adder FTW.

wheelhopper

Established Member
I would stick with the B cam with the 1.7 rockers. I don't think any gains you would get would be significant enough to make the swap worth the effort.

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
I had an f-cam, it sounded awesome :rockon: but not sure if it would work w/1.7 rockers, I think I had stock rockers :shrug:

not gunna gain to much. the B cam with your 1.7's is .512 lift so its up there near an F cam as is

and the .512 lift is where the f-cam is already

Last edited:

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
I had an f-cam, it sounded awesome :rockon: but not sure if it would work w/1.7 rockers, I think I had stock rockers :shrug:

and the .512 lift is where the f-cam is already

thought thats what it was... i think its got 286 duration compared to the 284 of the B cam.

think the B has a lower CL though also. 107 for the B and 110 for the F

Users who are viewing this thread