F/S '03 Sonic Blue Coupe In FL

bubbaflaat

Established Member
Price reduced! $19,500 obo!!

Well this is the hardest thing to do ever, but I have to part ways with my most favorite car i've ever owned to to financial troubles. Its an '03 Sonic Blue Cobra with 70,xxx miles. I bought it from the second owner a little over a year ago with 59,000 miles on it, on the way home from picking it up it spun a rod bearing(worst day of my life). After much arguing with sellers and lawyers I ended up having to pay for the repairs myself. So I decided that i might as well spend a bit more money and have good stuff put in the bottom end instead of just going back to stock. So here is the mods:
Eagle H-beam rods
Eagle Forged Crankshaft
Arias dished(with 4 valve reliefs)pistons
ARP head studs
ARP main studs
Ford high volume oil pump(i think that is actually what the cobra comes stock with, but it is a OEM part that says "high volume" on it).
New ford water pump
Bored .020" over
Valve job with new valve seals
TR-6 plugs
Motor work was done by Rev Extreme here in Sarasota FL. After all was said and done with the motor the bill was $5900. Have receipts.
Dyno tuned at 442whp.

Now the rest of the car.
It has:
Steeda lowering springs
Don't know the brand, but a catless X-pipe
Magnaflow catback
4.10 rear end gears
all 3 maximum motorsports delrin diff bushings
billetflow IRS brace
315 Nitto Drag radials 3/32 tread left
275 bfg g-force sport in front, ~5/32 left
two spare 275 firestone tires that came off the rear, about 6/32 tread left
Hawk HPS front brake pads
Steeda tri-ax shifter
Steeda clutch quadrant
Steeda firewall clutch adjuster
K&N FIPK intake
Steeda 2.8" upper pulley
Steeda front strut tower brace
Dual pass heat exchanger
Has a preditor tuner(was dyno tuned with sniper software so the preditor is just for data logging now but its still nice to have).
Just refinished the headlights(now look brand new).

The bad: Needs to have the windows retinted, has some rock chips on front bumper and hood(doesn't look too bad but I gotta tell ya everything), The oil pan gasket is leaking slightly, I took it back to the place where the motor was built and I told them to just take some money off my bill and i'll do it myself, so they took a couple hundred dollars off. I've been waiting to fix it until I was gonna get a new clutch. But the clutch is still fine in it and I haven't gotten around to it. Drivers side outer seat side bolster shows some wear.

I absolutely love the car and it kills me I have to get rid of it, but I have to. It ran a 12.2.
Asking $21,000obo. With the motor work and all i think thats a fair price, its just begging for more boost now.
Ford_Cobra_motor_001.jpg

Ford_Cobra_motor_002.jpg

Ford_Cobra_motor_003.jpg

[ame=http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h110/bubbaflaat/?action=view&current=dynoday008.flv]
th_dynoday008.jpg
[/ame]
010.jpg

006.jpg

005.jpg

014-1.jpg

014-1.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

I'm gonna go take some interior shots and close ups now and i'll upload them tomorrow. Thanks!

Last edited:

wan2play

Established Member
I am asking 20k for my SB and it has 27,300 miles. I should be asking more.
Good luck. We are in the same boat, floating on top of a shitty economy.

bubbaflaat

Established Member
yeah man, mine has more milage yes, but it also has a built engine with less than 10,000 miles on it. Best of luck to you as well.

ewaters8

Ewaters8svt
Established Member
i dont know about the market being slow i put my 03 sonic up for sale 22k miles for 20,500 and it sold in one day on here and had people standing in line, anyway good luck with the sale sounds like a nice car

03mustang92

1of154
Established Member
GLWS this car's picture is on my playstations home screen for my backround! beautiful car, wish i could sell my vert and come to florida and take it off your hands

Users who are viewing this thread