F/S Black 2003 Ford Mustang Cobra SVT 10th Anniversary Coupe

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member
SALE TEMPORARILY ON HOLD - PLEASE READ THE INFORMATION BELOW.

Sorry I haven't responded to this ad, I've been waiting for some information before I posted this update.

Here is what has happened. On January 12, 2007 I was supposed to have sold this vehicle to a friend of a friend. As you can see from the pictures in this post I had the car perfectly detailed and garaged afterward so it wouldn't get dirty.

So the buyer asked me to drive the car to meet him at the Wells Fargo Financial Center in Bullhead City, AZ about 65 miles from my home in Lake Havasu City, AZ so the Lender could examine the vehicle. I talked to him at 10:30 AM and everything was still go for the purchase.

I left my house and drove up to meet him at 1:00 PM in the afternoon. When I arrived up there the guy tells me that he can't get a loan for less than 15.5% Interest so he won't be able to purchase my vehicle. (I know now that this was a BS story because he's told his buddies about 3 other ones)

I was freakin pissed! Not only did I waste my time and a 1/2 tank of gas but I got caught in a sand storm on the way up and back and the Windshield and Paint took a little bit of a beating. The wind was blowing at least 60 MPH and I was driving on Interstate 40 at 70 MPH with nowhere to go but straight ahead, so you do the math. It's not super bad, but there are very tiny spots (Pinhead Size or Smaller) of primer visible through the black paint in various areas around the car.

So I've made a Comprehensive Claim with Allstate Insurance and the entire car is going to get completely re-painted along with a new Windshield at an Allstate Insurance Approved Pro-Shop here in Lake Havasu City.

The car will be back up for sale WITH A BRAND NEW PAINT JOB AND WINDSHIELD when the re-paint is done in about 1 month. (Approx 03/15/07) The entire job is going to cost Allstate about $4000.00 to $5000.00 and is going to be freakin beautiful when it is done.

Thank You for your interest in my car and your patience.

Kevin

Last edited:

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member
Also for those of you that are wondering, my car does not have the dreaded "Tick", "Vibe", or any of the other wierd issues that some other owners have experienced.

vulk

Established Member
wow man i would be fxcking pissed! that is random.. atleast your getting a new paint job though and im sure your car will be sex on wheels when its done.. (not that it isnt already) hopefully i will be in the position to buy by the time it is prepped and repainted. :beer:

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member
vaheek said:
wow man i would be fxcking pissed! that is random.. atleast your getting a new paint job though and im sure your car will be sex on wheels when its done.. (not that it isnt already) hopefully i will be in the position to buy by the time it is prepped and repainted. :beer:

Just so it's clear, the paint damage is hard to see unless your really, really close up. If I took pictures with a digital camera, I don't think you could even see it on the picture. It looks like specs of dust, but if you try to wipe it off, it doesn't. Most of the paint damage is confined to the Windshield, Hood, Mirrors, and the Lower part of the Door on Passenger Side. (I was traveling West on the Freeway and the wind was coming primarily from the North.) With a new paint job the car is probably going to look better than it did when I bought it brand new. We all know how crappy and thin the factory paint is on these cars.

snostang

Established Member
BLK03SVT10TH said:
It's a Black 10th Anniversary, so I'm painting it exactly what it's supposed to be BLACK, Sorry.
Hell yeah good for you .. the black looks sweet on that 10th anniv snake.
Good luck with the sale Im intrested to but I see you got pleanty of people ahead of me. :pepper:

Solid_Snake

Established Member
3/15/07 would be perfect timing for me. I'm in need of a car right now and just beggin for an excuse to take time off from work. email me when everything gets straightened out and you're ready to sell again, let me know in the meantime though how many serious inquiries you have. email: [email protected]

Last edited:

Orange Stang 04

Electric Green FTW
Established Member
+1 whats the status? The idea of it being in the sand storm kinda turned me away, but if you had any pictures of it with the new paint job and it came out pretty decent, we might be interested.

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member
Orange Stang 04 said:
+1 whats the status? The idea of it being in the sand storm kinda turned me away, but if you had any pictures of it with the new paint job and it came out pretty decent, we might be interested.

If I took pictures of it you probably couldn't even see the damage from the sand, it's microscopic. It's NOT like the entire car has been blasted down to the primer or anything. These are extremely small spots that look like the tiniest specs of dust, and they are not everywhere, but each panel has some damage, so the car will require a full re-paint. It's still going to be a couple months till it's done. All the shops are booked solid and I'm on a waiting list to get it started. It is being done by my local Ford Dealers Collision Center, who is also a Allstate Insurance Pro-Shop.

TurboV3nomVa

Established Member
A couple months till its painted ? I'd be effin pissed. Gonna be nice for someone tho to have a brand new looking car.

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member
und3rgr0undk1ng said:
A couple months till its painted ? I'd be effin pissed. Gonna be nice for someone tho to have a brand new looking car.

This time of year in my town is really busy. We have all the "Snowbirds" in town and alot of Custom and Classic Cars are stored here because of the dry weather. I guess alot of these guys work on their projects here in town during winter and live elsewhere in summer. So I'm on a waiting list just to get the car in the shop, it's supposed to go in sometime after March 19th.

Then it should be 2-3 weeks until the job is done. I don't care how long it takes (Within reason) as long as the paint job comes out great. I'm thinking of even paying the additional money to get the underside of the hood painted while they are doing it.

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member
Just a little update. The car is being painted right now. I went down to the body shop and they have the main body done, and are working on the bumpers and other trim. The entire car still needs to be color sanded and buffed. Also the new Windshield, Headlights, and Mirrors still need to be installed. The paint looks so much better than it ever did from the factory it's going to be a shame to have to sell it.

I'm hoping to have it done by the end of the month, and I haven't decided on a price yet. This is going to be one of the nicest 2003 10th Anniversary Cobras to come on the market. Stay tuned!

Users who are viewing this thread