F/S Carbon Fiber Cobra R Hood

LightningFast00

673/753 pump gas
Established Member
How was your fit and is it smooth so it can be painted... I really would like to know if it is really high quality or some pos...

SVTFREEK

- GOT BOOST? -
Established Member
Its good quality, its made by VIS, the guy selling it work for Race Creations, hes kind of a retarded so be aware. I have his personal cell if you have any trouble. as far as fit it fits great I had a litte trouble and had to ajust my fenders a little but its all lined up great now, but I had an accident, front end and the alingment wasnt right to begin with, you should have no trouble.

Bootbox

Established Member
LightningFast00 said:
How was your fit and is it smooth so it can be painted... I really would like to know if it is really high quality or some pos...

I don't know where the idea came from that a CF hood might not be smooth. They're smooth as silk, even the dirt-ass cheap ones. The weave is covered in a bunch of layers of clear coat and with a little bit of scuffing it takes to painting very well. Any competent shop won't even flinch if you ask them to paint it. If they do, take it somewhere else.

Jesse@MBRP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Bootbox said:
I don't know where the idea came from that a CF hood might not be smooth. They're smooth as silk, even the dirt-ass cheap ones. The weave is covered in a bunch of layers of clear coat and with a little bit of scuffing it takes to painting very well. Any competent shop won't even flinch if you ask them to paint it. If they do, take it somewhere else.

I have sent all kinds of CF hoods here at work to the place that painted my hood...they always come back perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread