F/S or F/T: 1997 Black/Black Cobra Coupe

uofipilot

Established Member
CAR IS SOLD! She moves via SVTP for the second time. Thanks Jason. Take care of her.

Well, the fastness on my 97 Cobra has worn off, and I planned on building it over the winter and hoped to do a lot of the work myself. However, now that I'm working full time, I don't think I'll have the time. I really don't just want to drop it off somewhere and have them do all the work..that's the fun part. So, I've decided that if I can get a decent dollar for it, I might just sell it and buy something already built or an 03/04 Cobra.

All of the mods/maintenance outlined below were done after I bought the car at about 69k miles, except for the MAF, lowering springs, and subframes, which were done by the previous owner. The car currently has just under 80k miles. I've owned the car for 3.5 years. Its in great shape and has no know issues. The paint on the car is very good for the years/miles, with normal chips on the front end. The interior is near perfect. No tears, rips, smoking, etc.

That said, the car is as described below. I'm asking $9000. The car will have the stock wheels on it, as I want to keep the pictured wheels for whatever is next. I'd also consider trading for an 03/04 Cobra coupe.

Engine/Driveline
ProFlow 73mm Mass Air Unit and KN filter
FRPP 9mm Plug Wires
Autolite Plugs
IMRCs cleaned at about 76k
Mobil 1 and Motorcraft filter religiously
FRPP King Cobra Clutch Kit (w/new pressure plate)
FRPP Flywheel
MGW Shifter w/Orange Handle

Royal Purple in trans from about 68k to 79k
Fresh Mercon V in there now
Royal Purple Syncromesh rear end fluid
New Fuel Filter (Motorcraft)

Exhaust:
Mac Off-Road ProChamber (also still have the stock H)
Stock cat-back (sounds really good with the ProChamber so I kept it)

Suspension:
Lakewood 50/50 drag shocks

Maximum Motorsports Lower Control Arms (rear)
Tociko 5-way adjustable struts (Front)
Lowered about 2 inches (done by previous owner…springs unknown)
New Hawk HPS rear brake pads

Appearance/Interior:
Blue Oval Industries smoked headlights
Tint (35% on fronts and 20% on rears)
Hard-wired FM Modulator for connecting Ipod (actually works well)

Wheels/Tires
Stock wheels with 245/45/ZR17 BFG G-Force Sport tires
I bought these tires right when I bought the car, as the tires on it were shot. These were driven for about 8k miles, right up until I bought the pictured rims/tires. The G-Force Sports have more than 80% left.

Again, the stock rims will be sold on the car, not the ones in the pictures. I don't have any recent pictures of the engine or interior, but both look like any other SN Cobra. The car is currently covered up on a lift in our garage for winter. If you are SERIOUS, I can go take er down and get whatever pictures you want.

Picture005.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Picture013.jpg

Picture016.jpg

These are the tires that will come on the car. They are mounted on stock 97 rims that are in good shape.
WheelsandTires16.jpg

Last edited:

uofipilot

Established Member
Couple more things I just thought of.

- Car has never been to the track.
- I had the car at the Dean's Performance dyno night about a month ago. It put down 268RWHP/278RWTQ. That, with no know other issues, leads me to believe that the engine is in great shape.
- I have a 97 Mustang (all trims) Ford shop manual that I'll throw in as well.

Thanks for looking.

Nastystang

Tell Em Hells Coming!
Established Member
got my redfire 03 if your interested youd have to roll on down to NC and bring some cash money!LMK

uofipilot

Established Member
Price is pretty firm. I dont really need to sell it, so I don't really want to take a bath selling it.

If you're seriously interested, I can take some pictures of the interrior. Its up on the lift, covered, in the garage, so I dont want to take pictures unless someone is really interested. The interrior looks identical to any black on black stock sn interior.

Let me know if you want pics and I'll try to get to it in the next day or so.

uofipilot

Established Member
Bump again.

MIL eliminators are in the mail from American Muscle for the O/R mid. It will also come with a Steeda clutch adjuster kit that I bough but have not yet installed.

Users who are viewing this thread