F#%@!!!!!

BlueOvalAvenger

Beerknurd
Established Member
Well, lastnight the police come and knock on the door at about 1AM to tell me that I need to move my car...I grab my keys and think nothing of it. When I get outside to where my car was I then realize why I have to move it. Instead of being where I had left it, it was about 25-30 feet up the street...along with two other cars. To make a long story short, a drunk driver hit a car parked behind me..pushed it into my car, then pushed my car into another car...then proceeded to push all three cars about 10-15 feet. Here are some home made illustrations:

before.jpg

My car is car B.

after.jpg

The aftermath.

Since the front and rear bumper were damaged, they will have to be repainted and stuff...but if I get them repainted most likely they wont look right because of slight fading in the rest of the paint. Would I be able to get the drunk guys insurance company to pay for a new paint job? Also...I think I've noticed a problem shifting from first to second gear since this happened ( ;-) ) How difficult would it be to get that taken care of. Are there any insurance adjusters here that can let me in on a few tricks of the trade? Thanks in advance!

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Why is your car on the street? Give the poor drunks some room will ya?

Sorry to hear it but it looks like the insurance will help some!

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
Insurance will take care of it. They'll even adjust it to match the rest of the car also. If they do it right though. State Farm has done me well in situations like this.

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
BlueOvalAvenger said:
Also...I think I've noticed a problem shifting from first to second gear since this happened ( ;-) )

Dude, it sucks and all that your car got messed up but don't do shady stuff like that. WE ALL have to pay for it in the end. -Mat-

Narcosynthesis

Knees in the Breeze!
Established Member
I love paying high insurance, go ahead and scam your company. It will get you a new transmission that the rest of us pay for.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I live on a semi-busy street. We have a drive way that you could fit probably 4 cars in. My g/f likes to park in the street because she can just hope in and go. Then one night some lady 'blacked out' coming up the street (it curves just a tad) and ran into one of hte cars in the street.

Moral of the story don't park in the street.

BlueOvalAvenger

Beerknurd
Established Member
Looks like the three cars envolved with mine weren't the only ones he hit. Down the street he hit two more around a corner, then finally smacked into the ass end of a van and finally passed out. He probably would have got away with it except he left his lights on. The first car he hit (the one he pushed into mine)...someone saw him hit it. They said he backed up and rammed the car several times trying to get through it. Crazy stuff.

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
That sucks. Hope everything works out and his ass goes to jail/loses his license. Don't scam the insurance company for something that wasn't a direct result of the wreck. It makes everybody elses rates go up eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread