F1 Flambeau!

98_Undertaker

Established Member
That race should have been stopped. Brazil last year was another that could have been stopped too, but man Max put on a show in the rain.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I was watching when Bianci got killed too.
Was a caution or race stoppage? Just slid right into the back of that loader! Direct shot to the head. Crazy how fast shit happens!

No caution in that corner. Green flag was being waved right above where they were recovering the other car. IMO, someone should have went to jail over it.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
There should have been a caution. No way that should have been a green flag.

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
Was it a green flag in that corner or a local yellow? I thought I remember a local yellow, but no one really slows down for those. In hindsight, it should have been a safety car at least until the crane was out of there.

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
IIRC, almost all of the drivers were on the radio with their teams saying it was far too wet and they wanted a red flag.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Watch the video. The guy in the tower right above the accident is waving the green until about 1 min after Jules hits the recovery vehicle.

awful knawful

Established Member
No caution in that corner. Green flag was being waved right above where they were recovering the other car. IMO, someone should have went to jail over it.
I saw the green flag but I was watching live. They were either following the pace car or the race had just been red flagged. I'm 99% positive they were not racing at the time of accident.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I just want them to bring back the V8. They can get the same fuel mileage. Testing has shown this. With new technology and with the heavy ass KERS system removed, they can get the same performance and mileage. The Turbo V6 is nothing more than a marketing ploy to look "eco friendly" It takes a certain amount of air and fuel to make a certain amount of power, no matter how many cylinders you have.

Oh, and Puck Pirelli! They screwed this whole season up by basically making every tire equally hard.

You mean V12, right?

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I saw the green flag but I was watching live. They were either following the pace car or the race had just been red flagged. I'm 99% positive they were not racing at the time of accident.

There had been a yellow, but then for some reason they went green again too early.

You can see, they go from yellow to green at about 0:58 in this vid.

MFE

Established Member
Because the way flagging works, that flag applies to the section of track between that flag station and the next one. The incident is under/before the flag station, in the prior section of track. If it's not a full-course caution, then it's perfectly reasonable for that station to go green, as it applies to the next section of track, past the incident. The station before this one would be yellow, because it controls the section of track containing the incident.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Because the way flagging works, that flag applies to the section of track between that flag station and the next one. The incident is under/before the flag station, in the prior section of track. If it's not a full-course caution, then it's perfectly reasonable for that station to go green, as it applies to the next section of track, past the incident. The station before this one would be yellow, because it controls the section of track containing the incident.

In the FIA double waved yellows inform drivers to slow down and be prepared to stop. However to what speed you need to slow down to is not specified. In these conditions, a safety car or a VSC should have been released and a full course yellow implemented due to weather conditions until all recovery vehicles were out of the area and behind the wall. Heck, even a red flag would have been appropriate.

oldmachguy

Established Member
I just want them to bring back the V8. They can get the same fuel mileage. Testing has shown this. With new technology and with the heavy ass KERS system removed, they can get the same performance and mileage. The Turbo V6 is nothing more than a marketing ploy to look "eco friendly" It takes a certain amount of air and fuel to make a certain amount of power, no matter how many cylinders you have.

Oh, and Puck Pirelli! They screwed this whole season up by basically making every tire equally hard.

Agreed on all points.

As for JB - that just made me nauseous. So reckless of the marshals, and maybe even Charlie as well.

BTW, Jos getting toasted was back in the Benetton days, when Steve Matchett was with them, IIRC. And, isn't Max V. Jos' son?

Users who are viewing this thread